"What's the commotion?" The Empress asks, sipping her fragrant cup of tea gracefully as expected of her status. Her servant with her soft voice answers her carefully, almost whispering.

"General Wales has returned. The Emperor is holding a banquet tonight for his victory. His Majesty assigns Your Highness to prepare the banquet. And...General Wales is requesting to pay a visit to greet you, Your Highness." The Empress stills as her eyes flicker for a moment. She stops her movement for a while, biting her lip in the process. She puts down her warm tea on the table and stands up from her seat, her hand stretches out as her servant takes it, guiding her towards the hall.

"I'll meet him." She says, walking out of her sleeping chamber slowly and carefully, like a swan, towards her palace' hall. Her steps are light, not even a slight sound can be heard. Her eyes stay straight in front, never astray. Then she sits down on her golden chair, her eyes set on the young and according to many, good-looking General, her expression falters a little.

"Greetings, Empress." General Wales says as he kneels.

"You've finally returned, General Wales. Congratulations on your success. The Emperor surely will like you more now."

"You're flattering me, Your Highness." He's still kneeling, still in his position and never looks up. Perhaps he won't ever look up anymore, never.

"How have you been ?" The Empress asks out of the question.

"I can't be any better in His Majesty and Your Highness' care. Thank you for asking, Your Highness. I believe that Your Highness is as healthy as always."

"Have you paid a visit to her tomb?" She asks again, her palms are fisted hard, her eyes not wanting to meet his figure. General Wales is surprised, his eyes widen for a second as he gapes. He's taken aback for a moment before replying.

"Yes, Your Highness." The flat tone in his words irritate her, causing her to throw a precious porcelain vase at him in anger, though fortunately-maybe unfortunately, it doesn't reach him. It shatters into pieces on the floor, it can never be repaired, just like the two's hearts.

"Your Highness... Your Highness... Until when are you going to call me Your Highness?! When will you stop?! Why won't you call me Milea anymore?!" Knowing that the tension will rise further, the Empress' personal servant gestures for other palace servants to leave the hall and hide, or else they'll see heads rolling on the ground. It's not a rare scene in the palace, thus the need to frequently recruit new palace servants.

"I deserve to die, Your Highness."

"Why?!" The Empress asks, hurt is evident in her tone. A rare crystal-clear tear escapes her eye, a very rare sight indeed for the strong and powerful Empress to cry. But he'll never know, because he'll never raise his head up to meet her eyes anymore.

"Because...we can never return anymore."

---

Jade's POV:

"What's wrong Cherry? Why are you running around so hurriedly?" I stop Cherry who's rushing towards Crown Prince's chamber, asking for details.

"The Emperor is holding a banquet tonight to celebrate General Wales' victory at the North, everyone has to attend! This will be a good opportunity for Crown Prince to appeal himself again and be freed from punishment!" She exclaims quickly. I nod my head, letting her go while I myself carry a basket of vegetables to the kitchen. Wait, then...there's no cooking duty today, I assume?

"Mal! Mal!" I raise my hands high up and wave them, calling out to Mal who's carrying warm water to fill the Crown Prince's bath tub. Upon seeing me running towards him, he puts down the wooden baskets with a sigh.