Chapter 1

It was cold night. But I was ready. Wearing tight leather pants, matching jacket, black heeled boots, and my hair in a sloppy bun. My signature look. Anyone who was anyone, in the criminal world, knew who I was because of my outfit. It's a blessing and a curse. But I'm not a criminal, in fact the opposite, a spy.

"Alright I'm going in. If I don't respond in 5 minutes send backup", Mallory spoke softly into her watch.

She grabbed her gun and strolled into the abandoned factory. Her mission was to retrieve a stolen item, a golden key. Easy peezy, right? Peering around she noticed something on a shelf and went to pick it up. It was a golden cat statue. The detail on the statue was gorgeous and the eyes looked like so much effort went into them. Then she looked even closer into its eyes she noticed a flashing light that belonged to a camera. 'Great', the last thing she needed was to be caught. Looking around she noticed no one so she used her spray paint to block the camera of sight. Then she burst out into a sprint, dogging every corner, only to be knocked down by a solid wall of muscle. "Look missy you must be lost, let me show you the way out." The guards pulled out a gun and aimed for her head. 'Shoot.'

"Please do." In a split second reaction she jumped up and kicked their guns out of their hands. They both jumped for her but she was quicker, so she hit them in the stomach and pinned them to the ground.

"You really shouldn't treat a lady that way." She stood up stepping on their stomachs and walked away the two men tied to the wall. She hesitated to knock out the two guys but she figured they were already to beat up anyways, plus she kinda felt sorry for them.

"YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS MALLORY!"

"Oh, I already did," she replied with a chuckle, and carried on with her sprint.

'Great 4 minutes left and I can't even find the headquarters.' She thought to herself. She bent down and pulled out her blackout gadget, which would make anyone who wasn't wearing protective gear visions go black. Kinda like tear gas except it just turns everything black, and your not in as much pain.

Figuring out that they would find her soon enough she decided to bring the fight to her, instead of it finding her. She put on goggles and fired her gun, so everyone would hear where she was. Shouts came from the far left corner and she made a mad dash for them. "Hey you!" More guards came bolting around the corner. She quickly hit the blackout button and ran right past the guards undetected. Turning the corner she saw it, the golden key.

Scanning the area she crept into the room. Quietly she crept up to the key and put it in her pocket. Taking off her goggles she reached for her grappling hook when all of the sudden a bag was thrown over her head, and arms wrapped so tightly you could have mistaken them for an anaconda. She thrashed, kicked, and punched till she could no longer put up a fight, and was thrown into a chair.

"TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW!" A strange voice shouted. She never heard this voice before. Must of been a new leader, I wonder wh-. Oh right I arrested the last one. Oops. Let's have some fun with this new guy.

"Red, yellow, and blue are the primary colors. If you mix blue and yellow you get gre-", she was cut short with a slap to the face. It hurt and she was positive tomorrow there would be a bruise, that is if she made it out alive. But I mean I had a 50 50 chance so I took the odds.

"I MEANT SECRETS ABOUT THE AGENCY!" He screamed.

"Oh then why didn't you say so," another slap. "Ok ok," it was time to confess, "we don't actually recycle we just throw it all away when no ones looking." I'm smiled confidently, and there was long pause followed by a groan.

This time it wasn't a slap it was a kick to the stomach which knocked her and the chair over. Crashing to the ground she landed on her side crushing her rib cage. "We'll talk later when your ready to cooperate." And with that the voice trailed off followed by footsteps. Great now she was sure was going to die. They were surly going to kill her. Listing off the possible ways she was going to die she remembered that she was still on a mission, and should probably alert someone. Struggling she looked at her watch fifteen seconds was left. 3..2..1.. A holographic image came up, her boss. Grunting she positioned herself so she could see him well, or at least the best she could see since she was in so much pain. She mouthed the words 'Help me'.

"Mallory!" He sounded surprised, not good. "We didn't expect you to get trapped so we don't have anyone to come help yo-", he leaned back to receive a message. After many confusing minutes, but what seemed like an hour, he finally responded. "Never mind we will send in Ryan." He said with the brightest grin ever.

"No thank you she said politely." She shook her head pleading. Why him?! Was this some sort of sick joke?! There was no way she would allow this. "Honestly I've got another hour to live so you can call someone else if you wouldn't mind."

"I'm afraid he is the only option." He denied her offer. "You are the best spy we have and we cannot lose you.

Debating, she finally decided on staying here in the factory, they can find a new person. But her boss didn't allow it so he sent over Ryan. Honestly staying here wouldn't be that bad compared to him. But with in minutes the roof was starting to open up and in slipped Ryan. Work rival, ex, and an overall jerk. "Fancy seeing you here he stated."

"Funny now get me out of here," she yelled. Struggling to free her self from the ropes.

Immediately he took the bag off her face staring into her eyes, and untied her arms and legs.

"Creep," she glared at Ryan. Gaining her balance she stood up next to him. He shot up his grappling hook and steadied to so it could pull them both up. He grabbed her waist firmly, and snickered. Holding her tighter.

"Ow! Get your paws off me!" She exclaimed, and held on to her ribs.

"Fine stay down here, I hope you don't get shot or stabbed." He started to go up again, with the smuggest grin. "I hope your family doesn't miss you too much, I mean it's not like you ever visit them anyway."

A wave of guilt washed over her. True she never visited them, but she was so busy and they never really reached out to her. She wanted to see them so badly. The last time she saw them was Christmas...7 years ago. Glaring at him go up she sighed. "Fine, but leave my family out of this. You know I can't leave work, our job is controlling." He came back down and she grabbed a firm hold of him. She too grabbed a hold of him.

Suddenly they heard murmurs outside the door. Ryan tried to hurry but it was no use it could only go so fast. They kept getting louder and louder till they were outside the door. Suddenly they got up to the roof, Mallory and Ryan were hanging there still as possible when the door opened.

"WHERE DID SHE GO!?!"

They were gone into the dark of the night.