Chapter 4

We got in the car after dinner and started blaring Bad Blood by Taylor Swift. He talked about how he got to meet Taylor and how she's much nicer when you meet her in person. "I think she's nice. Maybe she could use a little more STYLE to her music" I said with a giggle at my pun. (If you didn't know, Tay wrote a song called style). We pulled up and we went inside. "Hey mom we have some of the details of the wedding planned out" I said. "Ok. What details?" She asked. "August wedding at a vineyard. K wants Myles as best man. I think I want Makenna as my maid of honor, since she'll be married by that time. And I want you momma one of my bridesmaids." I said. "Honey...you're growing up so fast." she came over and gave me a hug she looked at Kalin. "Kalin I'm very glad that you'll be joining the family. " She said with a sweet smile. "I am too." He said sincerely. "So honey I have one small problem." My mom said. "Baby, I don't know how much money we have for the wedding." She said with a slight frown. I touched her shoulder. "It's ok. We can ask dad for help. He has to. He's giving me away anyways. I would hope he'd be at the wedding. If not, he's more of a jerk than I thought." I said. "Of course. He has to. But, you kids should pitch in..." she said before interrupted by Kalin. "Oh no Ms. Carter! I was definately going to pay for a lot of the wedding. I have plenty from the tour and I've been thinking about getting an extra job." he said. "Yeah mom no way was I gonna let you or dad pay for a lot of it. We may need a little help, but majority will be on us. I'll increase my hours at the shack and save up for the wedding." I said. "Ok baby." She said with a smile. "I'm going to go call the lawyer and work everything out ok?" She said. "Ok." I said back. "So babe. I was thinking. How about we move in together? You and me. Myles and Emilie could move in if they want. After all, Em is a legal adult now." I said. "Good idea. We'll put together two funds. One for the wedding and one for an apartment." I nodded in agreement. Everything was a fairytale. For now...