Chapter 1

"DING DONG" went to doorbell. Hi. My name is Sara Carter. I'm 20 and live with my sister, Emilie, my mom, LizBeth, and my dad, Scott. "I'll get it!" I yelled as I rushed to the front door to see who it was. "Kalin!" I yelled. "Hey babe!" Kalin said. Oh yeah. Did I mention that I am dating Kalin White? "Where's Myles? I'm positive Emilie would want to see him too" I laughed. "He was right behind me...hmm...weird." he said. "I'll just call her down then. Emilie!" no response. "Wait...OMG! EMILIE!" she was already outside kissing Myles. "Get a room!" yelled Kalin. "K. Will do!" he grabbed my sister, who was only a year and a half younger to side of my house and continued. "Ya nasty" I thought to myself. "Well...do I get what Myles's getting?!" Kalin smirked. I laughed. I hugged my boyfriend who I hadn't seen in forever. Finally I lifted my head and kissed him. "I've missed you so much Sare-Bear" (the nickname he gave me when we first started dating 2 years before.) "I missed you too, K" Although we talked on the phone every night, I still missed him being in my presence. But, thankfully the boys' tour was over, so he was all mine. "I wish I could've been to the last concert. It's just...I couldn't take my dad hurting my mom like he did." Throw back to when I was seven (it actually went on before but I was to little to understand.) I always wondered why my mom was always so upset when I was younger. When I was about 10 years old I realized that my dad had been abusing my mom, verbally, and physically. I finally stood up to my dad and told him that I was done seeing my mom being hurt like that. During the boys' last show, I was standing up for my mom. And my dad left. Finally. After all these years. He's gone. Flash forward haha. "Forget bout him. He hurt your mom and he was a jerk." Said K. "Thank you." As I went in for a big hug. "Well how bout we go inside?" Kalin said. "Ok. But nothing dirty yet. My mom's home" I whispered. "Fine. I can wait..." K said with a smirk. We walked inside. When he saw my mom he instantly ran over to her, and gave her a huge hug. "How are you doing, Mrs. Carter?" Asked K. "I feel much more independent now. Thank you for asking Kalin. Are you hungry by chance?" Asked my mom politely. "Nah I'm good. Myles and I are In n Out on our way here." Said Kalin. "Alright. Well you boys know where the fridge and pantry is. Have at it when you want it" my mom said with a sweet smile.