Chapter 7

"1,2,3" they are transferring Isabelle's body onto one of the stretcher beds. Dillon was looking around, completely lost, but his confusion was suddenly interrupted by one of the Paramedics, asked him "Are you okay young man?" though at that time, Dillon had no idea what's happening.

He felt as if though he was locked In a tiny bottle, without a way out. He carelessly managed to reply "I broke my arm" not wanting anyone to focus on him, but Isabelle.

One of the Paramedics led him to one of the many ambulances that came, to get some treatment because he hit his head pretty hard.

The woman nicely started making a conversation with Dillon while trying to cure him "So? what happened young man?".

If she could stop talking, I would be relaxed, thought Dillon, with an irritated look on his face. The old woman understood that he had no intention of talking about anything, so she continued doing her work silently.

Gazing on the ground, Dillon was lost In thought again. Why do I keep having these strange symptoms of a coming disease. The heat and burn in my chest is strongly killing me, what could it be? I'm trying to figure it out. Who feels this heat? sick people! and I'm not, It's nothing genetic either, and I don't believe in supernatural creatures. Who does anyways? I am a normal human being, maybe it's just in my head.

Dillon was trying to convince himself as much as he could, only, he suddenly felt something sharp entering his forehead,"Ouch!" said Dillon, touching his forehead because the pain was noticeable. "Just 3 stitches" said the old woman reassuringly, to make the young man feel better, although Dillon impatiently smiled then nervously asked "Why do I constantly feel strange heat in my chest?" feeling stupider than ever, Dillon started scratching the back of his head, then the woman looked at him with a " Seriously, what's your problem" look on her face, because she took it in a completely wrong way. Almost done with the stitching Dillon awkwardly smiled wanting the woman to finish and when she finally did he rudely walked away to the ambulance where Isabelle's body laid. At first, he only looked at her from distance then he couldn't bear it so he eventually got closer, but the men started preventing him from getting any closer to Isabelle because her condition was getting worse but he was getting angrier, too. He was getting angry that the Paramedics turned into preys in the eye of a lion. Thankfully, the Paramedics took control of the whole situation by injecting him with a tranquilizer. Once they did, he suddenly dropped on the ground and the Paramedics carried him into the ambulance and drove to the hospital.

Meanwhile, Isabelle's life was laying between life and death. The Paramedics quickly hopped in the car and drove faster than thunder because they can't risk losing a victim. Their duty is to save people's lives not put them under worse conditions. They were losing Isabelle, only minutes were left from her life. It's all my fault, these were Dillon's only thoughts. While sitting in the speeding car, the Paramedics started yelling to one another "WE ARE LOSING HER!". Trying to rush the driver. Driving through the cars, and crossing the red lights, causing a chaotic atmosphere.

Finally reaching the hospital they parked it near the ER gate, gathering the nurses around for help to move her body inside the hospital. One of the nurses inside the building took a quick look at the condition happening outside, then started looking for one of the specialists "DR. MILLER". Her place was behind the reception desk she wasn't allowed to move due to strict rules given by the administration, using the announcer she started speaking through it "DR. MILLER, DR.MILLER please head to the ER's gate, there's a very critical condition" repeating for over 3 times, Dr.Miller finally appeared with lack of air because he's been running through the hallways. Without talking to the nurse or asking her what's wrong he rushed to the victim and started pushing the emergency bed between the hallways to the X-ray room. Reaching the X-ray room, the doctor took a few shots and noticed that she isn't badly injured.