Chapter 4

A room full of people, can be deceiving. Isabelle was still happily dancing, though she felt that something was missing. She looked around again, and still encountered the same feeling. "Isabelle, you okay?" Said Derek, with a confused tone.

Isabelle excused herself just for a few minutes. She walked towards Sandra and interrupted her madness session then asked concernedly "have you seen Dillon?".

Sandra felt hate towards Isabelle "YOU!".

Isabelle was kind of lost because she had no idea what was this whole thing was about "Me?". Everyone was gathering around, wondering where this loud voice is coming from.

Sandra pointed at her and started scolding Isabelle "Ever since you hopped into our lives, everything started getting messed up".

Isabelle was looking around not knowing what to do, but her lips finally broke "Oh Me? I think Dillon is the one you should talk to!".

Sandra gave her a challenging look "Oh really?" but all she thought about was how unbelievably right, Isabelle was.

She put her hand on her waist and continued "You mean why you are squeezing your nose in everything between Dillon and I? I think you should ask yourself".

Isabelle took a deep breath and just when she was about to attack Sandra with her words, Derek came and calmed her down "BOTH OF YOU! ENOUGH!".

Sandra wanted to fight with him but she didn't bother to, because she claimed she had better things to do. So instead she just gave him a look and walked selfishly.

Isabelle had to take care of something. She gave him a quick kiss "I'm sorry I have to go". The truth won't face itself. Isabelle was walking hastily and Derek simply knew that this was all about Dillon but he just didn't care anymore. He grabbed a pack of bear and started drinking.

Isabelle was in the middle of the woods looking for Dillon to confront him and get it over with. "DILLOON" Isabelle started yelling repeatedly in the middle of the woods. She was getting frightened because the only thing she heard was the echo of her voice and the rustling of the leaves.

"COME ON DILLON! THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" Isabelle continued yelling. She was rubbing the palm of her hands, to prevent herself from feeling cold.

Dillon was bending on one of the trees, rubbing his forehead, drowning in all kinds of thoughts. Her voice was getting closer but he didn't want to face her. Dillon took a deep breath and locked it in for a moment, then finally let it out, and chose to ignore Isabelle's pure voice that never left his mind.

The closer you get the further you are. Isabelle was standing on the other side of the tree. She turned around to spot any signs, but nothing appeared. Nothing at all.

She sighed out of frustration "FINE! YOU GET LOST IN THE WOODS!" she considered it a white lie because she didn't really mean that. Isabelle was seeing a black figure. She squinted to expect a clearer vision. It didn't really help, instead, she got more horrified by the shadow that was getting closer. Closer. And closer. And closer. 

Isabelle was walking backwards and when she knew that the shadow was aiming her, she turned around and  tried to run away as fast as she could, from it. She was running out of breath. Isabelle tripped from the dried leaves and fell on her knees and hurt her ankle.

Isabelle started whispering to herself with fear "no no no no"

The shadow was finally too close to her to be recognized. She was endlessly shacking "leave me alone!".

No harm was coming out of that shadow only low breaths. The shadow is too tall this is strange, thought Isabelle. The shadow leaned a hand "It's alright". Isabelle sighed. This voice is her reliever, the one thing that made her feel safe and warm. This creeping shadow was Dillon.