Idate Arc

It nearly took the entire conversation with the jackass, but it finally clicked.

I immediately burst out laughing, interrupting whatever the boy was saying and entering the conversation for the first time.

"Oh my God," I choke out, tears of true mirth streaming down my face, "Oh my God. This is priceless!" The four stare at me, confused.

"Does this happen... Often?" Idate asked Sakura out of the corner of his mouth.

"All the time," she sighs, "Cashile is always a step ahead of us, it seems like. Half the time I don't even know what she's talking about."

"Care to share with the class, Cashile?" Sasuke asks sarcastically, clearly irritated.

I consider it for half a second. "Nope!" I decide brightly, "I think I'll keep this one to myself."

Besides, who would believe me if I said that this was top interrogator of Konoha, Ibiki Morino's brother?

"Well, like I was saying, I won't allow you to go around the Land of Tea unharmed!" Idate exclaimed.

"If it's a fight you want, you're on!" Naruto shouted, glaring.

"Hey, Naruto!" Sakura scolds.

"Trifling. We don't have time for hooligans," Sasuke turned up his nose.

"Hey, Sasuke, you stay quiet! I won't stand for anyone who makes fun of ninja!" Naruto shot back. I smirk as I watch the guy slink out the door and immediately begin running, giving a lazy salute to let him know I saw him leave. "I'll teach this guy a lesson and-- huh?"

"He's gone," Sakura whispered.

Sasuke glances around, looking shocked. I nod to myself, mildly impressed as I take another sip of tea. I might not have sensed him leaving if I hadn't been paying attention.

"Thank you for waiting. And here ya go," the woman sets down two receipts.

"Huh? Two?" Sakura asks.

"Mmhm, the boy over there said you had it covered," she said.

"Bastard!" Naruto grinds his teeth in anger as Sakura seethes. Sasuke rests his head against the ground and I glance at him, eyebrow raised. He shakes his head. Damn, the kid must be far away already.

"Now that he's mocked us so much I won't let him get away with it!" Naruto declared.

Naruto runs out the door, Sakura tossing down the money and following after. Sasuke glances at me expectantly as I take a deep draught of the tea.

"The tea here is good," I say thoughtfully.

Sasuke rolls his eyes. "We'll get tea somewhere else," he promises, "C'mon!"

I smirk, standing. I'd be holding him to that.

We sprint out the door, trying to catch up with the quick boy. "Alright guys, if we're gonna catch up with him, might as well shock him in the process. Let's add some chakra to this chase," I order.

Sasuke narrows his eyes at my orders while Naruto smirks. Sakura glanced at me, a worried look in her eyes. I wonder, at what point did she stop viewing me as a "friend"?

But all the same they follow my orders, increasing speed with chakra and taking to the trees. Slowly the boy draws into sight. Then suddenly he disappeared. I face palm.

"Did he just trip... Off a cliff?" I asked.

"He's fine, landed on a tree," Sasuke reported.

"I don't care if he's fine," I roll my eyes, "You can loot a dead body just as easily as you can mug an alive person." All three stare at me in shock. "Joking," I reassure them.