"No, no," I calm him, and try to regain my strength to tell him. "It's more about where my new job is. Its a promotion, yes, but-"

"A promotion?! Thats great, Caro!"

"Cris, no. Stop getting ahead of me. The job is at FC Barcelona." I tell him, ripping the band aid off.

"Its where? Barcelona? No, I'll pull some strings and get you a position at Madrid, it may not be ideal, but you can be near me and Junior and still be doing what you love, with our support. Do you know how bad it'd look if you went to Barcelona? That's so far from everyone you know, it's a place I don't like and I won't feel safe with you living there. Por favor, Caro, let me help you find a place here." Cris starts to rant and attempts to convince me to take him up on his offer.

"No. I finally got a job on my own merit, Cris. That is what is important to me. I got it on my own, without having you use any influence whatsoever. So what if its at Barcelona? Thats just location. Thats all it is. I'm not going for the team, or any player, I'm just going to the location for the job, that is it," I firmly explain to him.

He remains silent for a few minutes before taking a deep breath and saying, "Fine," before walking off and slamming his door.

Well, he took that better than I expected.

-

The next morning, I'm woken up by a tiny terror, otherwise known as my nephew. Junior is yelling at me to wake up. "Tia! Tia! Tia! Come on! Today we're going to go see Papa play!" He yells jumping up and down on my bed in the guest room.

"I know, bebê, I'm up, let's go." I tell him pulling off the blankets and follow him to the kitchen where Adriana is already making pancakes.

"Onde está Cristiano?" I ask Junior's nanny.

"Its 10 am, he already left for pre-game training." She answers, flipping a pancake before handing it to Junior, who gladly accepts it.

"Ah, right. Well, I got Junior for the day, so whenever you want you have the day off," I say smiling at her. She smiles graciously at me before telling me about her shopping day with her best friend and sister, and then heads out once they get to the house to pick her up.

As soon as I hear the door close, I turn to my nephew and tell him how he should go get ready before we head out, and he excitedly runs off to put on his Papa's kit. I then clean up his dishes and put them away before hearing him call for me.

Once I get to his room, I see Junior wrestling with his jersey not being able to get it on. "Come here, baby, I'll help you." He comes over to me and I pull his arm through the right hole so he can finally get it on properly.

"Oh, yea! Papa wanted me to give you something!" Junior yells excitedly before running off to his dad's room.

"Are you supposed to go in there?" I yell while following him. "Yes," he simply answers.

He looks around the modernly done bedroom and spots a black present bag on the dark bedside table. "There it is!" He shouts and runs to go get it. Once he hands it to me and I open it, I see Cris has taken it amongst himself to buy me a pink Real Madrid Ronaldo #7 jersey, which I had been thinking of getting.

"Vamos, Junior!" I yell as I stuff my purse with my wallet and my phone.

"But Tiaaaaaaaa, Mickey Mouse is on!" He says as he begins to whine about going to another stupid football match.

"Baby, por favor, I never get to see you or your dad. Please, for me?" I ask not wanting to deal with him complaining for an hour.

"Tiaaaaaaaaa"

"Junioooooooor"

We have a stare off for 20 seconds before he gives up and mumbles, "Fine," before running off to the car.

-

"Tickets for Marisol Aviero," I tell the woman at the "will call" booth to pick up the tickets.

"Aviero... Ah yes, here we are. You have the option of a private booth or sideline seats," She explains to me. I look to Junior and ask where he would like to sit.

"Sideline!" He shouts.

I chuckle at my nephew, "Okay, then. Sideline it is."

"Here you go." The woman tells me giving me the tickets.

-

"Look! There's Papa." I tell Junior, pointing to Cris start to warm up. Junior looks over excitedly and starts waving frantically towards his father before realizing Cris wouldn't be able to see him.

-

By full time, Real had won 3-1 and Cris was able to score a goal, which he dedicated to Junior. Modric and Bale were injured so there was a sense of uneasiness in the air, given their Champions League game on Wednesday against Bayern. When the final whistle blew, Cris ran over to us and lifted Junior to come take pictures with the team. "We'll meet you in the family area, near the lockers," He tells me tersely before running off with Junior.

-

"Do you mind if I go out with the guys to celebrate?" Cris asks as soon as I find my way to where him and Junior were. Cris was freshly showered and Junior was playing on his dad's phone.

I honestly didn't mind watching Junior, I just wish Cris would talk to me about Barcelona.

"Wait! No what am I thinking, this is your vacation. I'll call Adriana to watch him you're coming with us to celebrate," my older brother proclaims while taking away his phone from Junior.

"Cris, no-"

"Nonsense, the guys love you. I love you. You'll be the life of the party." He says smiling before starting a conversation with Adriana, who presumably had just picked up.

-

"Where are we going?" I ask as I walk down the white stairs of Cris' house after finishing getting ready for the club. I was wearing a red bondage dress with glossy black heals and a sexy curl in my hair accented by shadow makeup.

"Discoteca Velvet. The usual place we go." He responds shrugging. He's wearing a nice white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and black slacks.

-

"I'm going to get going, you wanna ride back with Sergio?" Cris comes up and whispers/screams in my ear. We've been at the club for 4 hours and its 2 in the morning.

"No, I'll come with you," I shout back to him before downing the remainer of my drink. Cristiano may not drink but I do... And it's my last night in Madrid, so I wanted to enjoy myself. I put the glass down and follow him out of the club and to the car.

-

"Are you going to ignore the Barcelona thing forever? 'Cause ya can't," I giggle drunkenly to my brother who's driving us back to his house.

"Mari, por favor, fique quieto," Cris sighs towards me. "We'll talk in the morning if you want, but I'm not talking to you in this state, when you probably don't even know what your name is, so please, just leave it here."

"I'm fine to talk. What are you so worried about, anyway? That I'll become a cule or it'll look bad for your image, or that I'll fall or a Barça boy? What's so bad about being with a footballer, Cris?" I slur while shaking my head trying to figure my brother out.

He comes to a stop and hits the steering wheel angrily, "Desde quando! Mari! I'm angry because that is the one place I never wanted you to go to. It is a dangerous city, I don't like the players, there is nothing for you there. Barcelona is full of burro de merdas. I'm a horrible brother for not stopping you and I'll never forgive myself. You want to go for a footballer? I don't want you with anyone, much less a footballer because we are all filho da putas. No good for you, I'd never wish one of them among you or anybody. You deserve the world and would only get hurt by one of us. So if you love me, you'll only do this for a job and have no outside interaction with the club," Cris tells me desperately. 

I giggle at his serious tone, "Ok, big brother, just work. I get it." 

And with that I fell asleep.