Chapter 6

~Iris~

I signed the final paper, making my cousin an official pack member. I sighed, placing the paper on the side. I ran my hands down my face, exhausted from all this damn paperwork. I grabbed my phone and turned it on, glancing at the time. I frowned, it's only five pm? I got up, stretching out my cramped up muscles.

"You done?"

I snapped my attention to my office doors where Achilles was smirking at me, amusement in his eyes. I rolled my eyes, but nodded. "Thank god." I breathed out.

He chuckled, he walked over to me and gently grabbed my waist. He then kissed me, our lips dancing together through passion. "Good, go get ready. There's a red dress for you on the bed." He whispered.

With one more peck on the cheek he turned and left, leaving me stumped. I scurried upstairs to my room, throwing the doors open. I scowled at his clothes laying on the ground, I need to teach that man to clean up. Since Achilles is staying here until his mother leaves we're sharing a room now. I wasn't a huge fan of it at first, but that changed the other night.

Flashback

I rolled over, smiling as the thunder roared outside and the lightening flashed across the night sky. I have always loved sleeping during thunderstorms, when I'm inside though. For some odd reason I fall asleep easier when it's thundering out than when it's completely clear.

I jumped as someone literally jumped onto my bed, causing me to let out a yelp of surprise. I quickly sat up and turned on my light, bewildered by the sight in front of me. Laying on my bed, curled up in the sheets and a pillow over his head was none other than, Achilles. He was shaking and whimpering a little, as if he was afraid. I watched him, concerned as to why he was acting like this.

I gently placed my hand on his back, he slightly relaxed but continued shaking and whimpering. I then started rubbing cirlces on his back, remembering how my mother did that when I was younger. After a while he stopped shaking and whimpering, but he shifted onto his side and poked his head out of the pillow. Well, actually, part of his face.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He swallowed loudly, "I'm afraid of thunderstorms." he whispered.

I was shocked, but smiled softly and turned off my light. I laid beside him and pulled him closer, kissing his forehead. "Well, you can sleep with me tonight." I murmured before resting my head on his chest.

He clinged onto me until he fell asleep, once he was asleep his grip loosened only a fraction. I didn't mind though, I enjoyed laying in his arms and feeling safe.

I smiled at the memory, I had argued with him the next night but he caught me when he said I like being in his arms. I do, this is like the first time having a mate for me. I know, I had Jason, but we barely cuddled. He only wanted me for sex, but I still wasn't good enough. He probably had sex with me when he couldn't find another she-wolf to screw. I shook the thoughts from my mind, I no longer need to mourn over our pathetic excuse for a relationship.

I studied the dress, admiring the beauty of it. If Achilles picked this out, then I'm sending him to shop for clothes for me. He has some kickass taste! I quickly changed, did my hair, and applied a little make-up. I then grabbed the red high-heels on the bed and walked downstairs, curious as to why I had to dress up. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and put the shoes on, when I looked up my breathing hitched.

There stood Achilles, dressed in black dress pants, black dress shoes, a black dress shirt, and a red tie. He smiled at me, holding a bouquet of red roses. I could feel my face heat up as he shyly handed the bouquet to me. His beautiful blue eyes sparkled with love as he looked me over.

"You look absolutely stunning tonight." he breathed.

I smiled, "You look...sexy."

He smirked, "Good."

I laughed and followed him out, gaping at the limo out front. He opened the door for me and ushered me in before climbing in himself. Once he closed the door the driver drove off; I noticed two bottles of whiskey in an ice bucket.

Achilles grinned, "Blake told me you aren't the normal classy gal, you're a tough one." he explained.

I smiled, "I am a huge fan of whiskey."

He chuckled and poured me a shot glass of it, but I ended up snatching the bottle and taking a large sip. He raised an eyebrow, laughing. When were done our drinks I decided to ask him about why he was doing this.

"You don't need to impress me, you know?" I said.

He nodded, "I know, but I figured Jason never did this for you. You're a beautiful woman who deserves a fancy ass date like this. That and a sexy ass man like me."

I chuckled, "You're one cocky son of a gun."

"Why, thank you ma'am. However, I'm not the son of a gun, that's not possible. I am, on the other hand, a son of a bitch."

I burst out laughing, "You're so rude!"

"It's true!"

I continued laughing, "True, true."

When the car parked Achilles quickly opened the door and guided me out. I then gaped at the place in front of me, no. fucking. way.

Author's note: So, what did Achilles do to impress her so much???? ;)