Chapter 10

We are in the car, again. This time Dave let us play music on the radio. I read a book and I leaned on Ashton's shoulder. Aralia and Luke watched more movies, Calum and Trina sang loudly to music, and Michael and Celestine made out most of the time.

Soon the song My Sweet Summer by Dirty Heads came on. Ashton was singing along to it.
"Turn it up!" He yelled. Dave turned up the song so it blared through the speakers of the van.
"My Sweet Summer Is Gone! She Left Me Here With Sand In My Bed!" He sang loudly and tickled my side. I smiled at him and his arm wrapped around me.
"She Played Me All Night Long! My Summer Summer, My Sweet Summer Is Gone!" He sang. Then the bad part came, the part that I hated.
"She Smoked On My We*d And She Dipped Out! We Had A Good Time! She Took Me For A Ride!" Ashton sang.
"Ewe!" I shrieked. He stopped singing and looked at me.
"Oh, I'm sorry. That song has no meaning. I didn't-"
"It's fine, Ash. I just don't like the lyrics." I said. He smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulders again.

I leaned my head on his shoulder.
"Hey Summer, what are we?" He asked, "Like what are we, me and you?" He stared at me for a second.
"Friends with Benefits? Except, we don't really have benefits." He said. I shook his head.
"We're not friends with benefits." I said, "We're friends, but friends with a crush on each other." He smiled at me.
"Can we be more?" He asked. I looked at him and felt my heart clench at his innocent face staring at me.
"I would but Michael would kill us." I said.
"I'd die to be with you, Summer." Ashton said.

I blushed deeply and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest.
"Get your hands off my sister." Michael said.
"Go fuck Celestine." I snapped.
"Oh." Celestine said shocked while giggling.
"I will, after we get out of this van." Michael said.
"Oh my lord." I said. Ashton giggled and pecked my cheek.
"What was that?" Michael asked sternly.
"You wouldn't know." I snapped, "Heartless bastard."
"I am not heartless." He defended.
"Then explain the definition of Celestine. Couple? I think not. Fuck buddies? Ding! Ding! Ding!"
"Now we both know that's not tru-" Celestine was saying.
"Celestine and I are a couple." He snapped.
"Since when, after you fucked her a few times?
"For Fucks Sake Summer, We Were A Couple Before We Had Sex!" He yelled.
"So Why Can't I Date Who I Want!?" I yelled.
"You Can! Just No One Older!" He yelled.
"Well Fuck You! Cause I Am!" I yelled back. Michael's eyes widened.
"You guys are dating?" He asked stoned.
"Yes." I simply said.
"Actually-" Ashton began to say, but I covered his mouth with my hand.
"Yes, we are dating." I stated, removing my hand from Ashton's mouth and folding my arms over my chest. Michael looked as if he could explode.
"And what if I told you, we have been dating for a while?" I teased, "And, guess what else? We took it all the way to fourth base." I said emphasizing 'fourth'.
"You didn't." Michael said.
"Oh I did." I teased, "Hot. Rough. Kinky. Sex." Celestine seemed taken aback from what I was saying.
"Why are you sharing this with us?" Aralia asked.
"Oh, sorry. It's my relationship I should keep it to myself." I said leaning back in my seat. I smiled smugly at Michael. Celestine looked worriedly at him. Celestine opened her mouth to say something,
"Mi-"
"You fucking did what!" Michael yelled.
"Michael. Calm down:" Dave warned.
"No! No I will not!" He yelled. My eyes widened. Celestine rubbed his back soothingly, but that didn't help.
"Michael sit the fuck down." Trina said sternly, "You have no reason to act like such a fucking hypocrite." He looked at Trina and they had a staring contest for a while. A very intense, suspenseful staring contest. Michael slumped back in his seat.

I smile victoriously and looked out the window.
"I will never survive." Ashton whispered in my ear.
"Neither will I. So we'll die together." I said. Ashton wrapped his arms around me.
"Good. I'd hate to die alone." He said. I smiled weakly.

•:•:•

We pulled up to hotel we would be staying in for two nights. The boys had a concert here and we had to stay at a hotel.

The boys had left to get take out and we were all laying down on the beds. We got an extra large room and got four queen sized beds. I sat across from Aralia and Trina was beside me.
"Why'd you say that?" Aralia asked. She was talking about me and Michael's argument. I just shrugged
"Was it true?" Trina asked. I shook my head and they all sighed with relief.
"I'm not a slut you guys." I stated.
"We know. It just... Scared us, I guess." Aralia said.
"Well, don't be. We didn't do anything, we aren't even a couple." I said.
"Why?" Celestine asked.
"Cause I don't want to have to deal with Michael for real. This was just a test." I said. Celestine nodded.
"You know I'm gonna tell him tonight, right?" Celestine asked. I nodded.
"I expect you to do that." I said. She nodded. And we were all silent.

•:•:•

Our night was simple, awkward, and terrifying. The air was constantly filled with tension between Ashton and Michael. Ashton was a little worried, and a little I mean a lot. He was practically shaking.

I crawled in bed with him and we laid in silence. Everyone was asleep now, Except for us.
"Why are you shaking?" I asked giggling.
"Maybe, I might not want to get beat the shit out of by Michael." He said. I giggled.
"You won't." I said giggling slightly. He hugged me closer to him.
"Why doesn't he want us together?" Ashton asked.
" 'I don't know..." I said. Then we slowly drifted off to sleep.