Chapter 14

~Previously~
"Ashton, as much as I would love to date you, I can't. Your nineteen I'm only seventeen. I can't date someone who's two years older than me. And what about Michael, you know how he's all about being the over protective older brother!" I said.
"Summer, that's still not going to change the way I feel about you." Ashton said. His face was only inches away from mine. He cupped my face and kissed me. I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck. I played with his soft curls.
"Summer? Ashton? What are you doing?" I heard Michael's voice. I let go of Ashton to see Michael standing in the doorway. Uh Oh. Prepare yourselves, all hell is about to break loose.

~Presently~

I sat there silently looking at Michael. For some reason, Michael decided it'd be better if we ate while we talked it out, so Michael was eating a bowl of cereal, he gave me and Ashton our own, but Ashton and I weren't eating ours. I glanced at Ashton who was staring at his hands in his lap. Michael smacked his lips and swallowed the cereal in his mouth.
"So, what did I just witness?" Michael asked.
"Kissing." I stated.
"And what did I say about that? What were the consequences?"
"You sound just like dad." I said glaring at him, "Except dad isn't so controlling."
"Whatever. My point is I said do not kiss or do any of that shit. But you did. Now face the consequences."
"No."
"What?"
"No. Your not my dad. I'm turning eighteen this year I don't need you watching my every step. I can do what I want when I want because I'm an adult." I said. Michael stared at me for a while. I decided to finish this argument.
"So Ashton and I will be dating. I can date him if I want to so I will. And you can't have a say in it." I said. Michael looked up at me.
"Then you can't come on tour with us." Michael said. I stared at him blankly. Anger building up in my system. I took a deep breath.
"Fine." I said standing up. I picked up my bowl of cereal and put it on his head. The white milk spilled down his head and face landing on his black jeans and turning them a dark grey. A few cornflakes tumbled off his head. I walked out the front door not looking back. I didn't have my car with me so I was forced to walk.

A few cars drove past me. I waited at a stop light. Four guys were riding past me on skateboards.
"Hey babe, where ya going?" One of them asked.
"Hell." I snapped back. The walk light turned on and I walked across the street. I walked for a while. Soon, I came across what I was looking for, the cemetery.

I walked into the green grass. Headstones stuck out of the ground. Some flat to the surface, some towering over others. I found the one I was looking for. It was a medium sized headstone that was round and stuck out of the ground. It had marble designs on it, but it was mostly rock. I looked down at the green grass that covered the casket underneath.
"Hi Adrian." I said. It felt weird to say that, but it also felt right.
"Can I stay here for a couple minutes?" I asked the headstone. I smiled weakly.
"Thanks." I muttered and walked around to the back of the headstone. I leaned up against it. My back against its back.
"No more tour. Michael caught me and Ashton kissing. So the charm bracelet you gave me will be forever empty." I said.
"Tomorrow they're leaving for America. So I'll be here. Alone." I said, "That means I'll be able to visit you more." I bit my lip.
"Is the afterlife nice?" No response. Of course not.
"I'm kind of sick of life at the moment." I said leaning my head back.
"I.... I'm done. Life was perfect, or semi perfect because you weren't there, but it was happy again. Our relationship was just getting started. We were going to start dating and then Michael saw and.... And ruined everything." I said tears sprouting in my eyes.
"So not only do I not get to go discover the world, I don't get to have the love of my life either." I said tears rolling down my cheeks.
"M-my friends are going to go. Just because I can't go. Doesn't mean they shouldn't." I said.
"When I left, I poured a bowl of milk and cereal on Michael's head." I said giggling lightly to myself. I stood up.
"I'll see you soon." I said. Then I walked away. I walked down the sidewalk.
"Hey, need a ride?" A taxi driver asked. I nodded and got in.
"Where you heading?"
"The beach." I said. He nodded and drove. I looked out the window and watched Adrian's headstone disappear from sight.