Chapter 7

"Summer! Get out of the god damn car now!" Michael yelled. I groaned and got out of the van. I walked slowly behind them toward the loud house. The lawn was littered with red cups and beer cans. I jogged up next to them not wanting to be left alone.
We opened the door and immediately the silent night was filled with loud and obnoxious sounds. Sweaty bodies covered the dance floor and I wanted to barf.

Everyone spilt up then. I couldn't find any of them, except Ashton. We walked through the crowded living room and made it to the kitchen.
"Drinks?" The guy asked from across the counter. Ashton nodded and I cowered back. Maybe he wasn't so innocent as I thought. The guy poured a mysterious liquid into the red plastic cups and passed two of them out to us. Ashton nodded and handed me a red cup.
"Oh, I don't drink." I said shaking my hands out in front of me. Ashton smiled.
"Come on, drink it." He said. I shook my head again and backed up.
"Live a little." He said gesturing it to me.
"Ashton, get away from me." I said. His face dropped.
"Don't you wanna have any fun?" He asked.
"This isn't fun. This is what stupid people do. This is where people go to get a date. A one night stand." I said loudly, annoyance laced my voice. I backed farther away.
"That's not what it is. This is to let loose and live. Come on let's have some fun." He said moving closer to me. In fact, too close. I backed up quickly and shook my head.
"Your such an idiot." I said before walking away. I pushed past the sweaty bodies earning hatred back.

I walked out the front door and walked toward the car. I pulled the door but it didn't budge. Ashton has the keys. I sighed and looked around. I can't walk because I'll probably get raped. I sighed and leaned up against the car. I sat down on the sidewalk.
"Why did I let him get to me?" I muttered to myself.
"He's just like the rest. Self centered and cruel. Only uses the female population for sex. Nothing else." I said quietly my voice cracking at the end. I felt like I was broken. I rested my forehead on my knees and let the tears spill from my eyes. Soft sobs left my mouth not daring to make a sound in the quiet night.

"Are you okay?" I heard a voice ask beside me. I looked up to see a boy sitting beside me, leaving enough room for us to have our own space. He had dark brown hair and piercing green eyes. He had a look of worry across his face. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and shook my head. I took a deep breath and looked at him.
"I just hate... Guys... No offense but literally all of you only like a woman for sex." I said shakily. The boy laughed and nodded.
"Some at least." He said, "I wouldn't do that." I scoffed.
"And how are you going to prove that?" I asked.
"Well, first of all, I'm a virgin."
"That means nothing." I said, "Guys will forever break girls' hearts." I said.
"What if guys felt the same? What if they thought girls just broke theirs?" The boy said. That was reasonable.

I looked at my shoes and thought for a moment.
"What's your name?" I asked. The boy smiled.
"Adrian. You?"
"Summer." I said.
"That's a very pretty name." He said. I blushed and looked at my shoes.
"So, why are you here?" I asked.
"Designated driver. You?"
"Forced." I said, "By my so called, friend." He nodded and smiled at me.
"Well, if your lonely, like I am. I can stay." He said. I smiled.
"Alright." I said.

•:•:•

We talked for a while. We talked about everything. Soon Celestine and Michael walked out.
"Hey guys." I said standing up.
"Hey, who's the dude?" Michael asked.
"Adrian." I said. Adrian waved. Michael nodded and looked at him closely before turning to me.
"Why are you out here?" He asked. I sighed.
"Ashton is an idiot. I'm done." I said. Michael stared at me, searching my face for some story.
"Did he try to rape you?" He asked. Adrian's face turned to shock and I shook my head.
"But I'm sure he thought about it." I said. Michael's fists clenched and he took deep and angered breaths.
"But I'm fine. I swear." I added. Michael didn't show any sign of recognition.