Chapter 29

Kayla

"Kaaaylaaa?" Cameron yelled from his pack office. I got super excited, knowing he was done with whatever work he had. He has been doing this for a week, not letting me in his office.

I was currently laying in bed from yesterday, which was the big Luna announcement party. It lasted until I couldn't stay awake anymore, and I was still kinda worn out.

I suggested I help with something, since I was the Luna now, but he said I couldn't for certain reasons, just like he always says. It was a long argument where only I argued, and he still won in the end, like he always does.

I even tried getting into his mind to see what he was thinking. But, he wasn't dumb and blocked me out.

I got up, ran to his office, and opened the door. He was sitting at his desk, and smirked at me, as if he knew I was going to come at any moment. I walked over and sat on his lap.

"About time you're done with your secret society in here. I still don't know why I can't ever come in." I whined.

"A society has more than one person. I was the only one in here. And it has only been 20 minutes each day." He laughed, ignoring the last part.

"Why can't I come and help you? I'm never going to be a successful Luna if you don't ever let me help." I said, not dropping it.

"Nothing, drop it." He said quickly. Weird...

I groaned and he turned me around, so I was straddling him. "Don't worry about it." He said and lightly kissed my lips. I giggled and he pulled away.

"Hey... There was something I need to talk to you about." He said nervously. Even if he didn't show he was nervous, I could feel it, since we were mated.

"Okay..." I was confused. Him? Nervous?

"Tonight... I wanna... Umm... Take you on a date..." He stuttered out.

"Baby, there is no need to be nervous," I laughed and he frowned. "And yes, I will go on a date with you."

"Hey! I have never taken anyone on a date nor asked someone to go on one!" He laughed. "Wear a nice dress though." He smiled. I immediately got up to get ready, even though it was hours away.

****

I looked in the mirror at my finished look. I had Bree french braid my hair. I wore a mid thigh length, black dress with full-length sleeves. I wore matching black pumps and had a smoky eye look with light lipgloss.

It actually took me a while to get ready, considering I had to shower, eat breakfast, then lunch, have Bree do my hair, pick out an outfit, get dressed, and do my make up. But I was finally done.

A few minutes later, Cameron came in the room. He was wearing a dress shirt and dark Levi jeans. I stared him up and down and he did the same. He looked so sexy dressed up, and if I thought this was beyond the bounds of God looking, what did he look like in a tux?

"You look amazing." He growled with lust.

"Same goes for you." I blushed.

"Let's go." He snapped out of his daze and we walked downstairs.

Bree was sitting on the couch with a sleeping Carter laying on her lap, facing her pregnant stomach. When she noticed us, she whistled at me. I laughed and mouthed a 'thanks'. I opened the door, and through the glass on the door, she thumbed up Cameron, and mouthed, 'good luck'. That was weird. Maybe she was saying good luck on the date?

****

As we were driving, I could feel the same nervous emotion he was feeling earlier. Why was he so nervous?