Chapter 23

Kayla

When I woke up again, I couldn't move. I tried to move my arms to wipe my eyes, but they were held down, the same going for my legs. I looked down and saw ties around my legs and arms.

I started to thrash around and scream. This fucker chained me down! He keeps drugging me and now he wants to hold me down?

I started to realize that I need to pee and stretch my legs. The only time I ever got up was to pee, which was in my room. I figured out that the 'closet' wasn't a closet, but a door leading to one single toilet. No mirrors, no showers, no sink. Just a toilet.

Eventually, I gave up on screaming when my throat started to burn.

I just laid there, unable to move or do anything. I held back the pee that threatened to come out anytime now. Couldn't he hear me scream? Why wasn't he coming?

It felt like hours until I finally heard the door unlocking. Part of me was overjoyed that he finally came, so I could go to the bathroom, and part of me was scared of what he would do. Now that I was chained down, he could do anything to me, and I couldn't fight back. He could've done stuff to me while I was drugged up...

"Good afternoon. Someone told me you were screaming. What's the big fuss about?" He questioned, while laughing.

"Why would you chain me down all of the sudden? Why didn't you just do this from the start? Why now?" I growled in anger.

"Well, there's a guest coming to see you. And I didn't want you to hurt her." he said.

Who was coming to see me? The only people I know are people from Cameron's pack, my pack, and very little people from other packs.

Just as I was thinking about who it could be, someone started to open the door. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped when I saw Melissa walk in. She had an evil smirk on her face.

"Didn't expect me bitch did you?" She laughed. I growled and tried to get up to punch her, but remembered I was chained down.

"Why are you here?" I snapped at her.

"Well, after you stabbed my fucking hand, I went on a little walk. That's when I stumbled across Cole. He asked if I was part of Cameron's pack and I said yes. I asked who he was and he explained everything to me. I said, hey, why don't we just steal his mate since I hate her and you hate him and we both want revenge. And that's exactly what happened. There is no way for him to track you down, because your guy's scents are covered up by mine." She said casually.

"You fucking bitch!" I yelled.

All I wanted to do right now was rip her fucking head off. She's fucking insane! She helped kidnap me for revenge. That's pathetic!

"What did you just call me?" Melissa growled. "you're not in charge anymore. You're going to have to get punished."

Melissa ran over to me and held my arm down. I screamed and tried to push her off, but she grabbed out a knife from her pocket and stabbed my arm near my elbow and dragged it down to my wrist. I screamed at the top of my lungs and tears were falling down my cheeks. It wasn't silver, and I was thankful, but the pain was unreal and my arm was throbbing.

"Do you get it all now?" Cole asked, as if nothing just happened.

"I get that you guys are both fucking insane!" I yelled between cries. I looked at my arm and realized it wasn't healing. All it was doing was bleeding out and turning the bed red.

As I sat there crying, I realized nobody was talking, which was strange, so I looked at them. Melissa's face was blank, and she was staring off into the distance. Cole was looking at her, as if waiting for her to fall out of this trance. I soon realized that she was mind linking someone. But who?

When she snapped back to reality, she looked at Cole worriedly. "Can I talk to you outside?" She said quickly.

"Yeah." He mumbled.

Melissa snapped her head to me and gave me a dirty smile. I growled at her and they both turned and walked out the door. I was left motionless, bleeding, crying, and unable to move.

****

Melissa's POV

When Cole shut and locked the door, I looked at him, and knew the worry was clear on my face. Even though I wanted nothing more to continue to torture Kayla until she died, I had to deal with Cameron first. He told me to come back and I had to lie and tell him I was on vacation.

"What's wrong? I thought you had a lot more for her in there." Cole whisper-yelled at me.

"Cameron mind linked me. He told me to come back to the pack, and he didn't sound happy. I think he knows I'm involved with this." I whispered shakily. I was scared to go back. If he knew what I was doing, he wouldn't hesitate to kill me.

"So go back. I'll send some of my members to go with you. They will stay hidden in the woods. If anything happens to you, mind
link us, and we will come. Make sure to keep me updated about what he is saying." He said, telling me the plan.

I nodded my head and told him I had to go and I would be back as soon as possible. He reminded me of the plan again quickly and I left.