Chapter One- Vexi

The summer morning was beautiful... Terrible Terrors roaring their tunes when they pleased without worrying about predators or humans trying to catch them. Here at my family's island, which is just a tiny island that could barely give us some space for a little sheep farm and a yak. You can say we are pretty poor but I just love the survival style. Too bad I had to leave it today... Maybe forever...

"Victoria!!! Get your stuff ready!!! We are heading to Berk in a moment!!!" My mom yells from the inside of the house. My smile widens, I couldn't wait to go to Berk and see my young childhood friends!!! Astrid is probably badass like usual... Hiccup is probably still his dorky self... I heard that he changed Berk in a juristic way! I couldn't wait to go back!! He is literally the reason why we are heading back!!!

My parents are against killing dragons so we left the dragon blood, thirsty island for apparently my good, even though I never wanted to leave. I also can't wait to see the twins, mostly Ruffnut; however, they are a handful but time has passed, they shouldn't be THAT dumb.

I just couldn't wait so see them again and tell them all the things I been through and of course hear their amazing stories.

I run into my tiny wooden house and head upstairs where my room was located. I started pushing a huge wooden chest, that contained my most prized possessions and clothes, down the stairs.

When I reached the door my beefy dad decided to walk in, "Hey chub, do you need help with that?" He asked as he pointed to the chest.

"Ya, that would be a great help." I let go of the chest and he picks it up with ease. "I will put it on the ship for you, you should get NightStar some chicken and get him inside the ship as well." My dad suggests and walks out.

Okay Dad, let's get this oversized gecko in the ship, "NIGHTSTAR!!!" I yell until I heard small footsteps behind me.

Then the little dragon sat down right in front of me and started randomly licking his eyes... NightStar is a new species of dragon, it looks like an ordinary Terrible Terror but the thing that is different about this fella is that when you feed it chicken... It gets a random grow spurt and is about the size as an average Gronckle but not as wide. He stays with that size until he burps, unfortunately.

My dad is a good blacksmith and a good leather worker so he decided to make me a saddle for NightStar, it fits him whatever size he is. When he is huge, the design stretches to, what I like to call his "Flying Size." The reason why I decided to train this specific dragon was that he is really portable and very cute, especially with his blue color.

"ALL ABORD!!!" My dad yells from the ship. I gently grabbed NightStar and placed him in my quiver, which I always had on me since I was seven. My quiver was big enough to hold him, a few small chicken legs, and of course my arrows.

My bow was already on me which let me with my hands-free.

"Mom!!! Need any help!!!" I ask loudly so she could hear me from downstairs.

"Yes, honey!! Help me take these blankets up to the ship and I should be right there!!" I go down the stairs to find my mom packing a few stuff in her chest, everyone in my family has their own private chest, her back was facing me and I could see her long wavy red, brownish hair flowing down her back like usual.

"Where are the blankets, Mom?" I ask.

"Oh over there on top the chair." My mom answers without looking at me.

"Do you want Dad to come down and get the chest for you?" I ask, trying to be polite.

"No... I don't have much stuff in there, even you can pick it up with ease." My mom laughs as she picks up the chest to show me she could do it.

"Okay then let's get in the ship," I suggest as I walk up the stairs with my mom behind me.

Before I exit the house for the last time, I look around and I felt a tear run down my cheek... I will miss this place.

"Aw honey, don't cry, you will be back at Berk where we belong. You will see everyone from your past. Aren't you done with being alone all the time, Victoria?" My mom asks.

I whip my tear away and nod. I walk out and I walked toward the ship without looking back. I am not going to cry about a house that I never liked when I was little... Sure I grew to love it but still. I should hate this place...

When I get on board. I immediately put the blankets in one of the bunkers and head up again to see the ship sail away from my old home...

"Victoria, I really want to do your hair so when you arrive, you will look presentable." My mom pleads.

"Okay fine but can I sit while you do it?" I ask. Being lazy.

"Oh of course," My mom mutters as she rolls her eyes, "Go down in one of the bunkers and settle in, I will be with you in a moment." My mom orders and I start to walk around to find a bunker that I liked. Then I noticed they were all the same so I chose a random one and sat on a bench to wait for my mom. Then the most worrying thought came to my mind. What if the gang doesn't remember me?

Before I could go deep on the though, my mom bursts in with a calm in hand.

"Okay let's get started." My mom mutters as she starts brushing my long wavy red brownish hair.

"Mom?" I ask.

"Yes, honey?" My mom asks as she works.

"What if my friends don't remember me? It's been years now since I talked to them..." I ask.

"Sweety I promise you, they will remember you. Especially Astrid! You two were best friends back then!" My mother yells happily as she pulls my hair out of my face.

"And who knows maybe Hiccup has more friends since he started to train dragons!" She yells even more as she starts to braid my long hair.

Then I started to feel dizzy and the room was spinning slowly, "Mom I am dizzy." I mutter as I grab onto the bench. The ship was rocking too much... Too much to be normal.

"Mom are you sure the ship is stable?" I ask as I watch NightStar sleeping on the floor peacefully.

"You're right I am going to check on your father." She stands up and she starts to head up to the surface. I see her red hair move as she takes each step of the ladder. I then heard a tiny yawn from the awakening NightStar.

"Come here you oversized gecko," I order sweetly as he crawls up to my lap and lies on it.

After a few minutes of me petting him I felt the ship tilt too much to the side but before I knew to react, I fell off my wooden seat and hit the other wall. I stand up awkwardly and run up the ladders in fear,"MOM! DAD!" I yell cupping my hands over my mouth with NightStar running behind me. I looked everywhere until I found them looking for me. There was rain pouring hard on the ship and we were far away from our home island. We were experiencing a tuff storm at the moment, I assume. I ran up to them as fast as I could and I hugged them tightly, fearing that if I let go they will fall to the deadly ocean.

Then, my worst fear became true as the ship tipped over to its side and started sinking slowly. My partners slip away from me by mistake as I see them fall to the cold, deep, blue sea. I couldn't believe that my worst fear was actually happening, my vision blurred as I started to cry. I fell into the sea too when I couldn't keep myself up there any longer. I was underwater swimming for some air until I noticed NightStar swimming up to me in his Flying Size and sweeps me out of the water and softly lets go of me on a huge piece of wood that was floating around.

How can such a lovely day turn to the darkest day in my life?

Used to be 378 words,
Now 1525 words.

Hey, guys I hope you liked the rewritten chapter of the original book! And of course, I hope you guys didn't mind making this chapter longer than the original by adding a few new scenes in the beginning of this chapter!

Please vote and comment!!!

-Peacesign210