Chapter 8

* Gwen's POV *

I looked ahead and saw Spiderman standing right there.
" Hi Gwen." He said shifted his weight as he walked forward.
" What are you doing here?"

He stopped, looking down.
" I wanted to tell you a secret. A secret that I've ... Been keeping for a long time."
A secret? My heart sped up as he walked closer.

" W-what kind of secret?" I asked backing up as he got very close to me. I was kinda creeped out. Spiderman usually made jokes, not getting all dark and close. He pulled up his mask, revealing his lips and nose. Before I knew what I was doing, I touched his lips.

" S-sorry.." I said backing away. " No don't. It's ok. I want you to take off my mask."
I was shocked. He wants me to see his secret identity?

" You want me to see your identity? You trust me ?"
"I trust you. I know that you won't tell anyone. Only the Avengers know. Do it."
I gulped, stepping forward, closing the space between us.

I reached up to the mask, slowly pulling it off. I closed my eyes and stepped back. My heart, racing. Who could he be? I opened my eyes.

Peter.

Peter Parker. It's him. He's Spiderman. My mouth dropped. " P-Peter. Your spiderman?" I couldn't believe it. Peter was such a quiet, shy guy. I would have never guessed that my classmate was a superhero.

" Yup. I'm Spidey. Hahah..." He said laughing nervously. He walked to the balcony. I followed, coming up next to Peter. I touched his arm.
" Peter.. Why didn't you ever tell me?" I asked as he turned to look at me. " I thought.. I don't know. I didn't want people I lov- I mean care about, getting hurt. So I never told anyone."

Did he just say he loved me?
No he said he didn't want anyone he cared about getting hurt. I thought in my head.
" How did you get like this?"
I asked rubbing his arm.
Peter signed, looking out at the city beneath us.

" Remember, when I stopped by at Oscorp and Was with the group you were showing?" I smiled, nodding. " Well, I walked off as you remember, and I went to see the spiders. I guess one must have slipped out and bit me. Then boom! Radioactive powers."

" Well, You and I, we aren't that different you know." I said, looking at him. A small smile played on his lips. " Do you change your voice when your spiderman, talking to people? Cuase like, your voice sounded deep and more manly." I asked snickering. " More manly?! Hey!" He said as we laughed.
There was a small silence. "Peter." I said looking out at the lights of the city. " Yeah Gwen?"

I closed my eyes and breathed.
" I want to be a hero."
I looked at him, I couldn't read his face. "W-what?"
" I want to be a hero. Like you. I want to put my powers to good use. And, Find that bitch that killed my father."

I growled that last part.
Peter had a small smile forming on his lips. His lips..
STOP GWEN! I reminded myself. " Gwen.. You have a family to look after now. What if you get-" " Peter you have Aunt May.. Don't play that card." I snapped. I shook my head. " I'm sorry Peter. I just, I want to be something. I mean, it's kinda lame being a girl with powers and not being a Superhero. I could be fighting crime with you! Side by side! We could find The Trinity and hunt her down and-"

Peter grabbed my shoulders. I stopped. " Gwen... Look. If you really want to be a hero.. I'll help you." I snapped my head up. " You will?" He nodded. " But, Gwen, Remember," he proceeded to say, " With great power, comes great responsibility."

_____
Hey guys!
Oooo some GWETER action! ;)
But whoaaaa Peter Showed Gwen... Maybe Cause he loves her? Hmmmm😏
What did you guys think ??
Tell meh in da comments!
And I made a Marvel Instagram page btw! It's @you.didnt.seethat.coming
Pleaseeee follow☺️ Well Byeee now!