Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning, groggy and unstable. It was Saturday thank god. I heard a loud ringing, finally realizing it was my phone. I was dreading it not to be Harry. That bastard.

" Hello?"
" Hey Gwen, it's Mary Jane."
I was relived. " Hey Mary Jane what's up?"
" I was wondering if I could come over today. Hang out?"
I smiled. " Yeah totally. Anytime you can come."
" Ok I'll see you soon. Bye."
" Bye."

I wonder what time it was anyway. I picked up my alarm clock. " NOON?!" I Half shrieked. As I set it back down, it wouldn't come off my hand.
" What the hell?!"
I tried shaking it and pulling it off and hitting it on the table but it wouldn't come off.

" Oh my god! Get off!" I yelled.
And just like that, it did. I looked at my hands. They looked okay, but what just happened?

****
" Gwen! Mary Jane is here!" My Dad called. " Thanks Dad!" I said as I ran down the stairs.
" Hey Gwen." She smiled.
" Hey. Did you want to go shopping today? I need some clothes." I said. I honestly did. I'm not one if those shop-a-holics though.

" Totally! Mr. Stacey, Gwen and I will be shopping today is that ok?" My dad, head of the New York police department, looked at us as he sipped his coffee. " Yes, just be safe girls. There was a robbery last night and I just don't want you guys to get taken from him."

We nodded. " Don't Worry Dad I got the Mace you bought me." He smiled.
My Dad bought be Mace every year since I was 10. I thought it was crazy, but now I actually feel safe.

" Well bye!"
We walked out and got into Mary Jane's car.
" I need Coffee." I said, still tired even though it was noon.
She looked at me with a face.
" Starbucks it is."

We walked into Starbucks, got the usual that we always get.
As we sat down, I started feeling this, sensation. Everything in my body was tingling and I didn't know what it was!

Mary Jane screamed. "GWEN!" She screamed and grabbed me, pulling me to the floor. A horribly loud crash came through the window, everyone screaming. Mary Jane and I stood up and ran to the side wall.

The thing that blew up the front of the store was this, ugly goblin looking thing, standing on a hovercraft. " Gwen Gwen Gwen." He snarled. That voice. It was Harry. " Harry?!" I shouted at the thing. " Harry isn't here right now." The goblin snapped. Mary Jane was petrified.

" What do you want Harry?!" I shouted, feeling suddenly stronger physically.
" I SAID, HARRY ISNT HERE RIGHT NOW." He screamed and threw a pumpkin shaped bomb at Mary Jane and I.

" WATCH OUT!" Someone screamed. The bomb went off. All I could hear was ringing. Loud, annoying ringing.
I opened my eyes slowly to see a red mask. Red with white eyes. " Hey, Are you alright??" I could hear him faintly say to me. Then I heard a crash.

" Wait a moment!" The mask said and went away. I sat up, my vision unbluring. Mary Jane was on the floor. I ran over to her and checked her breathing. She was still breathing. I picked her up, wondering how I was able to, but I stopped that thought.

I sat her in a chair, trying to wake her up. I watched as the Goblin fought with... SpiderMan! He was whipping around, swinging on his webs.
" Mary Jane, wake up come on it's me Gwen!" I said loudly trying to wake her up. I felt that tingling sensation again. I turned around and caught the pumpkin bomb right before t hit us.

I crushed it in my hands, looking at a shocked Goblin and Spider. " Whoa." I heard Spiderman say. I felt a horrible rage build up in me. I walked up to the goblin, punching him, then kicking him in the gut. He fell over, but quickly escaped by flying away on the Hover craft.

I turned and was met, eye to eye with Spiderman. If only I could see those eyes..
" Whoa, that was ... Whoa. You have a black belt in I kick goblins or something?"
He sounded like he was my age. I never really learned much about him, no one ever got the chance to.

" I um, uh, I guess it was adrenaline." I muttered. I finally remembered Mary Jane.
I ran over to her, Spiderman following. " Was she hit?" He asked standing next to her.
" No I stopped it."
" I saw. That was pretty epic." I could tell he was smirking. Mary Jane finally woke up, looking at us wide eyed.

" Whoa. Where's that Goblin guy? Hi Spiderman, huge fan by the way!" I laughed. Mary Jane was always fascinated in Spidey's work. " Well your Friend here beat the shit out of him." Spidey said looking at me. Mary Jane's face was hard to read. I've never hurt anyone before in my life and now just a few minutes ago I beat up Goblin. One of New York City's leading villains.

" Wow Gwen..that's, Thats good." She said as I helped her stand up. " Gwen Stacy? Mary Jane Watson?" Spiderman asked. We looked at him.
" Yeah.. How do you know us?" He hesitated. " I have a friend, named Peter. He um, he knows you guys."

Mary Jane snickered. " Peter Parker? He's a nerd." I slapped her arm. " Peter is a really sweet guy. He's nice." I swear I saw Spidey smile through his mask. " Well, I better get going. Wouldn't want to get swarmed by the press. You guys need a lift?"

" Um, I don't think it's a good idea for you to swing us around downtown." I said biting my lip. I really wanted him to take me.
" That's true. Gosh I haven't been thinking straight." He said laughing to himself. " Well, I guess I'll se you girls around maybe. Stay safe." He said before taking off, swinging off from the light post.

Mary Jane and I stood there, amazed. I could hear sirens and cars coming closer.
" We need to leave." I said to her. We took off, running all the way back to her car.

As we drove back to my place, I thought about the events that happened today. Did I really beat a villain harshly? Was Spiderman really in shock watching me? I was so overwhelmed. I needed to sleep. I said goodbye to Mary Jane and walked up the steps. It was 6 o'clock, but I was so tired.

" Hey Sweetie. Did you hear about that big explosion at Starbucks?" I looked right at her. She suddenly saw my face, it was filthy with black and grey smudges. She gasped and ran over to me, gripping me tight. " Gwen Gwen Gwen oh my god are you ok baby?" She cried into my shoulder.

I hugged her back. " I'm ok mom Mary Jane and I were in the back, we hid behind the counter." I lied. I felt as for lying to my Mother but, would she really Beileve me? " Besides, Spiderman saved us." My mom let go and looked me in the eyes. " He did?"

I nodded. " He fought off the Goblin, saving us." She slightly smiled. "Gwen I'm just glad your alive." I hugged her again, and told her I was going to clean up and go to bed.
I took a long hot shower and got into bed. I slowly fell asleep to seeing spiderman swinging around the City.