Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Hide's pov;

   My eyes widened as I stared at Kaneki as he pleaded on his knees, gripping onto my shirt with his head hung low.

"Wait, I have an idea," Kaneki released my shirt and looked at me with confusion to my response.

I ran to my dresser and rummaged through. I opened and shoved the drawers closed as I searched for a pair of gloves.

"They're in here somewhere..." I muttered, pushing my neatly folded clothing into wrinkled shapes.

"Ah!" I found them in the top drawer and quickly snatched them, slipping them onto my hands.

I took a deep breath before walking over and towering over a belittled Kaneki. He looked up at me with big eyes. I relaxed and smiled, tucking my fingers under his chin. I gently lifted his chin so our eye's met. He stared, wide eyed, and dazed.

"Don't be so stiff, ease up a bit," I smiled, my eyes closing.

I looked down and Kaneki seemed distant. He frowned, looking away from my gaze.

"S-Sorry," he sputtered and my fingers left his chin.

I sighed and shook my head. I fell to my knees and he flinched, startled. I shot him a determined glare and cupped his cheeks. They squished together and he gave me the cutest, confused expression. I'm so glad I came up with the idea of wearing gloves.

"Kaneki," I stared dead into his black eyes that glimmered in the faint light, "boobies."

He cringed; so much. He reddened, eyes widening with shock, and he pushed himself away. He was flustered and seemed a bit disappointed. I chuckled, holding onto my stomach to prevent an ache.

"Wh-What?! Hide, you-you idiot! Why would you say that!" His shouts were slightly high pitch and he was more than flustered.

"You- should have seen your face!" I burst out into fits of laughter, "you looked so disturbed!"

"I-I was not!" Kaneki retorted, stubbornly, pressing his lips in a firm line.

I cleared my throat and coughed a last laugh before standing up and holding my hand out to him. He stared at the ground, refusing to look at me and got up by himself.

"Aw, don't be maaad," I whined, "I still want to get in bed with yoou," I mocked, smirking to myself.

He gasped small and I could feel his blush darken.

"I-I'm not mad," he muttered and stood up, "I'm... really tired," he yawned, rubbing his eye.

"We should get some rest, anyway. Let me put the coffee away first. You can use some of my clothes because you must be uncomfortable in that... suit. How did you get it anyway?" I mused, starting to gather my coffee antiques.

He shrugged, "I just kinda... had it for as long as I can remember," he sat himself down on my bed and glanced around.

"Oh, well I have sweaters and t-shirts in the first two top drawers of my dresser. You can wear whatever you feel like," I offered before picking up the coffee tray and walking out of the room, leaving Kaneki alone in the dimly lit room.

My hands were fuzzy underneath the gloves. I felt the smoothness and softness of his skin through the gloves. I smiled at the thought and stepped onto the cold, tile flooring of the kitchen. I balanced the tray on my hand and used my free hand to blindly search for the switch. I flicked the switch and set the tray on the counter. I opened the cabinet doors and began to put the unused dishes away. I dumped the cold coffee into the sink and looked out the window, a glare of red catching my attention. I stared hard into the darkness of the night and found myself accidentally meeting gaze with a black figure, it's shadow so strong I could not identify the person. My heart pounded against my ribcage and my eyes widened, it felt like my eyes were being soaked with chemicals. The figure had weird tentacle shaped mutations flow from its small body.