Chapter 13 - Building And Testing

Start from the beginning

"Mind giving us a demonstration?" 

"Sure. You got anything I can destroy?" 

Gogo pushes an old wooden table in front of me and I smile. I grip the green lightsaber tightly as I begin to twirl it intensely, creating a small gust of wind. I grit my teeth as I skillfully slice the wooden table into small pieces. In my corner, I can see Hiro readying his blaster (well, It's actually mine. I just let him borrow it.) to shoot me. I turn my body towards him and put the lightsaber in front of me.

"You sure about this Valerie?" He asks, pointing the blaster at me.

I nod, "Yeah. It'll be fun." 

"Val. I don't think it's a good idea." Lily tells me, watching me cautiously.

"Don't worry Lils. It'll be alright."

I signal Hiro to fire, and I can tell he's nervous. I give him a look of reassurance, and he takes a deep breath before firing.

Acting quick, I block the laser and direct it to the ground. The gang sighs in relief as I dodge a few more lasers. I smile and take a bow.

"See? Told you it was gonna be fun." I tell Lily. 

She playfully sticks her tougue out at me and goes back to her firing her blaster at a target. I wipe the sweat from my forehead, turn the lightsaber off and place it on the table next to me.

I smile softly at Hiro, "Thanks for not killing me." 

"No problem. Besides, Lily would kill me if I 'accidentally' killed you." He tells me, putting quotations over 'accidentally'. 

I dramatically gasp, "Did you just put quotations on the word 'accidentally'?" 

"Maybe..." 

I punch him in the arm, causing him to let out a small yelp. He glares at me and gently rubs his arm.

I roll my eyes and walk to where Lily is, "Such a baby."

BONUS: 

Once Valerie is out of his sight, Hiro hesitantly looks to her lightsaber that was left on the table. He glances to see she's distracted by her sister. 

Good. She's distracted. 

Hiro picks it up and examines it. He still can't believe that she made it. He remembers Valerie telling him that she was no genius. Then how on earth did she make the lightsaber? 

He turns it on carefully, afraid he might hurt himself and swings it around a bit.

Valerie, from across the room, can hear the humming of her lightsaber and turns around to see Hiro playing with it. She giggles at his childish actions and can't help but find it adorable. She watches as he waves it around, trying to mimic her moves from a few minutes ago. But, Valerie can see that he isn't holding it correctly and he's close to cutting a finger off. 

Out of instinct, she presses a button on her watch and the lightsaber goes straight to her. Hiro looks behind him to see Valerie with a worried look, the lightsaber now in her tight grip. They stare at each other, neither of them say anything. 

After a while, Valerie clears her throat.

"D-Don't expect me to do that again." 

With that she walks away, her knuckles white from clutching the lightsaber tightly. 

Hiro looks at Lily for an explanation but all he gets is a shrug as an answer.
______________________________________

💜 UPDATE (12/18/16) 💜

UM. SO I KINDA, SORTA LOWKEY DEVELOPED VALERIES CHARACTER IN THAT BONUS.

OOPS.

Sorry not sorry.

Valerie needs the push guys! And I knew that she lowkey cares for people.

I knew it.

I

KNEW

IT.

Sooo, next chapter will be a little dramatic.

And fun to write.

Like, the whole chapter was super fun to write because I love writing drama. It just adds a whole new level of "OH MY GOSH" to a story.

SO ARE YOU EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER?

CAUSE I AM.

NOW, LET'S GO!

Adiós! ❤

- DisnerdFangirl 👸❤