Chapter Nine: And I lost The Moment Again

MWAHAHAH IM BACK!! I know I said I wouldn't write anymore, but yeah I'm kinda just writing this because I'm bored and hit post limit on tumblr for the fourth time this week so I need something to do!! C': oh god I have no social life, and I'm really content with that! Okie dokes so if anyone is reading this, enjoyyyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*CINDY'S POV*

I kick the soccer ball across the grass. "-I dunno Zayn... He keeps sending me mixed signals.."

He chuckles as he kicks the ball back to me, "you do realize how pathetically girly you sound right now, right??" His grin let's me know he's just messing with me, as he ALWAYS does.

"EY! Watch your mouth or I will march home this instant and you'll be left here with your own boredom and a semi-flat soccer ball!!" I grin right back, but set the ball on the ground as I sit on the nearest bench.

He walks over and sits next to me, leaving barely any space. But I guess this is normal to us both now, so I usually shrug stuff like this off. We found out a few weeks ago that we're neighbors when he offered to drive me home one day after school, so I guess you could say we've gotten really close since then! He really is a terrific friend; I mean, I enjoy Louis's company more to be honest.

Come on though, that lad'a funny as hell!! It's been almost four months since the school years' started and Louis and I have pulled some spectacular pranks together! Sometimes Katey likes to get involved too, adding to our devious plots.

"I'm sure it can't be that confusing..?" Zayn finally speaks up.

All I can manage is a groan, as I drop my head into my hands to try to solve this all out.

"You have NO idea dude!!! He compliments me all the time, like, in a way where I think maybe he feels something more i guess? Or he'll mention stuff, like how if I was his girlfriend he'd make sure only he was allowed to hug me. Then I mentioned how Katey and I hug, and he just said 'nope' and hugged me again!! What the actual fuck!!!"

"Mayb-", I accidentally cut him off before he starts again

"And also, we talk on the phone almost every night!!! Do friends do that? I mean, every. single. night. And then one time he said he was tired so I asked why he doesn't hang up then and go to sleep and he said he'd 'rather talk to me than fall asleep'. I mean, puke!!! That's so mushy!" I groan again. And whisper "Why can't he just let me know... Why does he have to play these stupid games?"

He looks at me, obviously thinking really hard-"I dunno Cid, I'm sorry babe.."

"Oh! And why does everyone in this country say babe so much??! Honestly!" He just chuckles back but I can tell he's as puzzled about the situation as I am.

"I really am sorry though, Harry just... He's never messed with someone's feelings like this before. He's always pretty straightforward." Zayn shrugs

"Yeah I guess...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL)

"CIDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!" Is all I hear before I'm literally being forced into a bear-hug.

I can't help but stifle a laugh at Katey, she really is quite adorable. "Hey to you too!!"

"How was your weekend??" She locks her left arm through my right one as we make our way to History class.

"Pretty good, I guess! How was yours?" We enter the class a couple minutes before the bell rings.

"Ughhh!! So boring!!! I swear, post limit is worse than death!"

"Hehe, agreed!"

Just then, Harry walks in and takes the seat in the front right corner, making sure to smirk at me.

'Hey' he mouthes

'Hi' I respond back, the confusion in my face must be pretty evident. Because next thing I know he signals for me to check my phone.

From: Harry

"*Posh accent*How is ma lady this fine morning?"

I try not to giggle out loud, as Katey would get suspicious so I just text back something along the lines of 'I'm good, and you're a dork.'

The class passed by decently. I was actually having a good morning until I received the news from one very excited Brianna.