9~

"Amber!" I screamed as I saw my best friend come through the door.

"Bella!" Amber ran towards me and pulled me into a hug. We had both taken days off work to see each other today. I missed her so much and she apparently had news for me.

"Oh my god I've missed you so much!" I squealed. Just then Madi ran out of her room squealing.

"Aunt Amby!" Amber picked Madi up and spun her around while Madi giggled. Madi hugged Amber tightly with a big smile plastered on her face.

"You know, some people are trying to sleep." I rolled my eyes and turned to see a grumpy looking Caleb.

"No one said you had to wake up." I shot back at him. Caleb rolled his eyes and walked next to me. He stuck his hand out and smiled at Amber.

"I'm Caleb." He said and Amber raised an eyebrow at me.

"This is the dude your living with?" She asked and with a sigh I nodded. She stuck her hand in his, ignoring his confused look.

"Amber. I've heard a lot about you." She said with a sly smile.

I brought my hand up and smacked my forehead. I'm going to kill her.

"Is he coming to dinner with us tonight?" Amber asked.

"No, he's not." I narrowed my eyes at Caleb, trying to signal him to decline her invitation that I knew was coming.

"Would you like to?" She asked him. He nodded and smiled.

"Of course." Amber nodded and Madi dragged her into her room to show her some of the things Caleb bought her.

I punched Caleb's arm and he winced.

"What was that for?" He yelled. I rolled my eyes and followed Amber and Madi into Madi's room.

*************************************

I was freaking out.

I didn't know what to wear to dinner!

Don't jump to conclusions, It's just that we're going out and I haven't been out in a while.

We were going to a fancy restaurant downtown. I had never been there but Amber told me to dress up.

She said she would tell us her 'news' when we got there and that chad would be there too.

I finally found something to wear and let my hair down from its bun. My hair fell to my back in soft brown waves and I slipped on my dress.

It was a simple red dress that came to my knees. It flared at the bottom and had a small black belt along the waist. I slipped on my whit chiffon flats to go with the dress.

I put on some red lipstick, light eye shadow, a little eyeliner and I was ready to go.

Madi was laying on the couch with her head resting on Caleb. I had Madi dressed in a short grey dress and grey flats. Her dress had a white sash across her stomach with a small red rose hooked to the sash. Her hair was pulled into pigtails and she looked absolutely adorable.

Caleb was wearing a white button up shirt with a pair of dark washed jeans. He looked good.

"Alright. Everyone ready?" Amber asked excitedly. Her curly blonde hair was pulled into a high ponytail and she was wearing a white dress. The bottom of the dress was turquoise and came to her knees in the front and her ankles in the back.

We all nodded and took my car to the restaurant. Once there we were seated by a waiter who looked about my age.

The waiter smiled at me as I sat down with Madi and I blushed under his gaze.

"Hello, my name is Derek and I'll be your waiter this evening. Can I get you anything to drink?" He asked the table, handing us menus.

Everyone ordered something to drink and Derek left to get our drinks.

"Ooh, I think our waiter has a little crush on Bella." Amber sang. I rolled my eyes and looked at my menu, hiding my blush from them.

Derek was pretty cute. He had black hair and dark brown eyes. He was tall too, but not as tall Caleb. Wait, What?

"Have you all decided?" Derek asked when he came back to our table. Everyone gave their orders and I ordered Madi some Mac'n'cheese. Derek sent me one last smile before going to get our food.

"He's cute, huh?" Amber said, nudging my arm. Chad snorted and shook his head at her behavior and she rolled her eyes.

"I guess so." I shrugged. She stared at me for a moment.

"Still not dating I see." She said, piercing me with her disapproving eyes. She knew why I wouldn't date anyone, and while she thought it was stupid I didn't. I didn't want to get heartbroken again so I didn't date or let myself fall for anyone.

I could feel Caleb's gaze on me as he tried to figure out what silent conversation Amber and I were having.

"Alright. Here is your food." All of our attention snapped to Derek as he laid our food down, sending me a small wink. I looked down at My hands embarrassed.

Caleb's hand grasped mine and I looked at his hand confused. I looked up to see Derek's smile fade as he saw Caleb kiss my cheek.

Derek quickly walked away and my face turned bright red. Caleb kissed my cheek.

Tingles shot through me as he pulled away and- like many times before- I felt cold without his touch. I ignored it though, for the simple fact that I wouldn't fall for him.

"So." Amber said, grabbing Chad's hand and looking at me. "Time for the big news." Chad and Amber smiled at each other for a second before Amber's smile grew and she looked at me.

"I'm pregnant!"