Seventeen - Deal to Fight

Comincia dall'inizio

Involuntarily, my eyes returned to Daniel. He was no longer looking at us but I knew he heard every word I said from his powerful werewolf hearing. Regret was clear on his face.

“I’m hungry. Let’s get something to eat.” I cheerfully threw my arms in front of me trying to crack the tension in air.

He chuckled and nodded. We exited from shoes corner. My stomach started to rumble which made Kyle laugh. Once we were sitting on our chairs, devouring pizza, we got company.

“Hey Kyle. I wanted to ask you how are the training going on.” Daniel asked taking a seat at my side while Shea very elegantly sat on Kyle’s said. Will and red head must be busy with their own business.

“Fine. They are improving every day. Doing great.” Kyle said in his calm voice. It was no longer the playful tone he used with me. He sounded like a hot businessman with golden skin and brown eyes which change colors.

A faint blush crept on my face remembering something I shouldn’t.

Shea swooned at Kyle’s side hearing his sexy voice. Kyle smirked at me. I immediately narrowed my eyes at him. Daniel turned into statue at my side. I could feel heat radiating from his body.

“You’re from this pack Sera, right?” Kyle asked me.

I didn’t know how to answer that. I still smell like this pack so I settled with, “Well sort of.”

“Then why don’t you come for training?” He asked leaning forward.

“I don’t have my wolf,” I shrugged as if it was nothing. But really, loss of my wolf still pains me.

He frowned. He was surprised to hear that but didn’t ask any further questions. I appreciated his ignorance.

“You don’t have to be werewolf. We do training in human form also.”

“I don’t need training.” I was careless while saying this.

I really didn’t need any training. But he didn’t believe me. It was clearly written on his face. I don’t blame him though. No one would. After all I’m a girl with 120 pounds weight who lost her wolf. I’m not strong in their eyes.

Daniel and Kyle were staring at me with disapproving looks. I just rolled my eyes.

“Fine, I will come. Just for once.” I made my point clear with those words but he didn’t seem to be impressed by that.

“You need training Sera. It’s for your own safety.” Daniel told me with concern in his voice.

I wanted to scoff but restrained myself. It was genuine concern but I was not exactly fazed by it. The images of him kissing Shea were smeared in my brain. And now he sounds concerned.

“I know how to keep myself safe. I have known since past twelve months.” I challenged him.

Confusion spread on his face. He frowned. He was thinking how I survived last year. How hard would it would have been for me without any mate or without anyone to protect me. Well buddy, I’ve learnt to protect myself.

“I have an offer.” Kyle interjected and I raised my eyebrows at him. He seemed concerned about my safety too. I mentally groaned. “You will fight with me tomorrow. If I win, you will train everyday and if I lose, you can do whatever you want.”

Well that sounds interesting.

“Are you crazy? You are one of the strongest Alphas. She has no chance.” Shea said in disbelief. Too concerned about me or about me-spending-time-with-Kyle?

“Rogues outside there don’t see if you stand a chance against them or not. They take you as their enemy and attack without thinking anything.” Kyle’s words made Shea shut her mouth while I just raised my eyebrows at him. He was a fighter.

“Fine then,” I nodded resuming chewing on my pizza.

“I think we should do inspection tomorrow. What do you think Daniel? We must see how training going is on.” Shea batted her eyes at Daniel who smiled at her.

“Yeah, we should go there tomorrow.” He nodded looking at me sideways.

They don’t want to see training. Shea wants to see me get beaten up by Kyle and Daniel wants to make sure Kyle doesn’t kill me.

Seriously, who does he think he is? He was responsible for my almost death on my previous birthday. Now he is concerned about me.

Let’s give them a show tomorrow.

*** ****

This chapter is dedicated to debbie_evanfurn

Please keep voting and commenting.

-nerdinspects