¢нαρтєя 1

"Darn you, you stupid clock!" Paige scowled as the door slammed in her face. She looked down wearily at the torn canvas. The little note pad had drawn a portrait of Tony as somewhat of a truce, yet the stuck- up clock had ripped it in two. Paige was not phased by this much. She stood up tall and marched to her room.

That clock wouldn't dampen her spirits. Yet something about him just made her want to rip his eyeballs out of his skull. Brushing a lock of curly pink hair out of her face, Paige settled down at her cluttered desk and put her pencil to paper. The tip of the pencil, however, stayed in one spot on the paper. Paige stared blankly at it. Not a single thought came to mind except for that darned clock. "AGH! That stupid clock has sapped my creativity!" She shrieked as she angrily compressed the paper into a ball and chucked it across the room, landing in a soft thud.

Tony made her feel funny. Really funny. Whenever she saw him or heard is voice, her face would flush and her stomach would feel fluttery. She couldn't help but feel curious as to what she was feeling and if Tony felt it too. Paige sighed and lay down on her bed. Too many questions and not enough answers, she thought helplessly. She closed her eyes and listened to the ticking of the clock. Wait- She didn't have a clock in her room..!

She looked up to see that wretched clock casually leaning on the door. "YOU- how long have you been standing there?" Paige said, visibly flustered. She grabbed her sharpened pencil from her bedside table and clutched it with both hands and pointed it threateningly at Tony. "Relax, my dear, I only wish to speak reasonably with you," Tony said calmly as he approached Paige. He sat down on the bed next to her. Suddenly her heart started going a little faster and she turned away as she felt her face flush, yet her expression was cross. "I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. My actions were not justified. Frankly, I think the gesture was quite sweet..." He stopped to take Paige's chin in his white- gloved hand and turn it towards him. Paige became frantic as she saw how close they were to each other. Her stomach became fluttery and her heart started to race. She managed a nervous gulp. His eyes were a stunning yellow and his hair was messy yet elegant. This man was the perfect example of sophistication. "Paige..." Tony said quietly as he pulled his face closer to her face. Paige closed her eyes in expectance of a kiss. Tony brought his lips upon her cheek in a light peck and pulled away to see Paige wide- eyed and flushed. Her heart was beating so fast surely someone could here it across the room. She weakly fell over on her bed in a fetal position- stunned. Tony walked out of the room laughing hysterically. "Oh, Notepad, you gullible girl! You should see the look on your face, you silly brat!" He wheezed through his laugh as he exited the room. Paige realized what had happened and sat up with a rage on her face. "You stupid clock! Don't play with my emotions!" She screamed at his back as she threw the nearest object (a snow globe of the Big Ben) towards that deceitful clock, but he had just closed the door so the globe shattered against it. She could hear the clock laughing as he walked down the stairs.

How... How dare he play with her emotions? Paige cursed herself for even letting her believe him just so she could live out her fantasy. Tears pricked eyes and, feeling bereft, she let them flow freely and quietly down her cheeks. Her black, inky tears stained her pale, perfect, and defeated face.

(α/η: hello, dear readers! This is not the end of the story. Please bear with me as I will try and work on this story a bit each day. I would really like your feedback on the story so far so I can adjust it to my audience's liking. Thank you and have a lovely day 😉!)
~ 🅟🅐🅘🅖🅔