Chapter 4

Rachel's POV

I was woken up from my sleep by a knock at the door. I slowly opened up my eyes wishing I was a deep sleeper, that way I could of ignored the knock. But it didn't happen that way. I didn't make any movements of any type, I just lay there starting at the door. Slowly I watched it creak open and in stepped Harry Styles. He seemed hesitant which was odd, normally he seemed so in charge. He never seemed to question himself. But I ignored all that and focused on the hate I had for him. Which was a lot, I might add. I just stared at him waiting for the next arrogant comment to come out his mouth.

"You need to eat." is all Harry says. I was a little taken back by this. It was almost as if he cared about my well being. I shook my head at him though, I wasn't hungry. Harry seemed frustrated with me, and narrowed his eyes. "You really need to eat, Rachel. You didn't eat at all yesterday."

"No." is all I say rolling over to look at the wall.

"So what? Are you just going to starve yourself?" Harry asks me. His voice rising. "I mean damn, all you've had in the last two days is a pack of bloody crackers and some water!"

"I'd rather starve myself then spend another minuet with you." I reply coldly. I turned my head slowly and saw Harry running a hand through his mess of curls looking so frustrated with me.

"Why are you so fucking difficult?" he mutters it more to himself then to me. He looks up at me and our eyes meet and his face is stuck in this frustrated pose. It's almost like he cares about me, but he couldn't. I was just some girl who he had made his fuck buddy. He looks back down at the floor and turns away. "Fine, you can starve." he walks out of the room shaking his head leaving me alone again as he closes the door. I rolled over once again and stared at the door. I was rather hungry but I had no apatite for anything. After a few moments of silence, I heard the sound of a guitar being played. It reminded me of when Zayn used to play me songs.

I sat up a little and heard a voice wafting up the stairs singing a familiar song. It was When I'm 64 by the Beatles. I sat up all the way with a sudden interest in what was going on downstairs. I slowly got out of bed, feeling a sudden dizzy spell. It was probably just the lack of food I'd consumed. I walked downstairs slowly and saw Harry sitting on the living room couch a guitar in hand and watched as he strummed it and sang. He had a beautiful singing voice and I wanted to hear more.

I walked down a few more steps and sat down on one of the steps watching and listening. I never thought Harry would of been the type to sing and play guitar. All of this made me wonder if I'd judged Harry too quickly. But this new fact didn't excuse all that he'd done to me. Nothing would.

...

Harry's POV

I strummed my guitar and sang When I'm 64 by the Beatles. I didn't usually play my guitar much. But I decided to blow off some steam with it instead of punching something and swearing. I watched my cords carefully making sure I didn't miss any. Sometimes I wish I'd actually tried to make something of myself with music since I did enjoy music immensely. As I ended the song I turned to set my guitar down and saw Rachel. She was sitting on one of the stairs. Had she been watching me? Her once calm expression turned to panic. I studied her once glowing face, and stared at her. Her face was pale probably from the lack of nutrition she'd allowed herself. I didn't even know what to say. I didn't have the energy to be rude, but I couldn't be a weak little wimp. I couldn't be Mr. Sensitivity. I'd gone through too much to go back to that.

"Were you watching me?" I finally ask trying to make my voice free from any emotion. Rachel looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Um." is all she said. "Yeah I was." she finally admits getting to her feet. I started to walk away, but stopped myself.

"Why?" I ask simply.

"Well, you have an amazing voice for one thing." she tells me. I was a little shocked that Rachel was giving me a compliment. I mean she'd never given me one before and for some reason, I got excited about it and blushed. I tried to hide my smile but it wasn't easy. I allowed myself to smirk.

"Thanks. But I'm not that good." I tell her. Rachel raises her eyebrows.

"Oh." is all she says. "Well I think I'm going to get something to eat." she informs me before walking away towards the kitchen.