11

malaya ;

"I can't." I said, finishing the French braid in my hair.

"Why?" Grace asked, sitting crisscross on my bed.

"I'm not feeling so good." my eyes traveled to Hayes' hoodie laid lazily on the ground next to his bag.

"Hayes?" she mumbled, knowingly. Only nodding, I grabbed a pair of my Adidas joggers and T-shirt,  changing while she scrolled through her iPhone.

I worried at my bottom lip, looking at my twitter

I worried at my bottom lip, looking at my twitter. When the door opened, both of us looking up to see Hayes. His eyes fell on me, my stomach flipping. Grace pressed her lips into a line, acting out my feelings.

"Hey, Grace." he done a nod thing,  getting used to her prescense since she came here often because of my emotional state. She rolled her eyes at his ignorance of me.

I watched as he grab his phone charger, our glances meeting. I only turned away while he looked at me before leaving.

"He's so whipped." she only shook her head causing me to mock her. "Can we go outside or something? It's getting boring in here."

"Sure, we can go outside to the pool." I told her and we went downstairs, almost getting knocked down by Taylor who was walking up stairs with pink suitcases.

"Ummm?" I eyed him confused.

"MaKenzie's here." he winked in Hayes' direction and I clenched my fists. My heart pounded when the blonde walked in with a strut. She was undeniably gorgeous with her long hair and blue eyes. She had drawn on lips to match Kylie Jenners look along with the false eyelashes.

Clearing my throat, I dragged along Grace while she shot me questions all at once. "Who the hell-"

"Shhh--I don't wanna talk about-"

"Hey, can you go with Hayes to pick up some Taco Bell?" Nash walked out, leaning against the door frame of the slide door.

"Why can't he go by himself?" I protested, throwing up my arms.

"My mom won't let him go alone, so you're our only option." he smiled. I only shook my head, "What's in this for me?"

"Mango smoothie, payed by yours truly." he winked, holding up the ten dollar bill. I wiggled my eyebrows, "Now you're talking."

"I have to go anyways, I'll see ya later, babe." she kissed my cheek.

"Bye, hon." I smiled and she left me with Nash. "Where's Hayes?" My stomach flipped from his name.

"In the Jeep, waiting for you." he said and I nodded,  following him into the house and tugging on my white converse. After slipping the money and my phone into my pocket, I went outside, getting into the passenger seat.

I heard him sigh, my eyes watering from his disappointment. I plugged in my ear buds, slipping them info my ears and playing in the name of the love. This song made me think of Hayes and I don't know why.

I watched as Hayes shot me a side glance. Pulling out my ear buds, I turned to him. "Have you talked to Makenzie?" I pressed my lips in to a line.

"Why?" he eyed me and I only shrugged. He knuckles turned white from his tightening grip on the steering wheel.

"Okay then." I turned to look out the window. He brushed his hand over my thigh, grabbing my hand that was laying on it. I gulped, tingles shooting up my arm along with many butterflies.

I bit my lip as he traced patterns on my inner wrist sending shrills of tingles. "I wish we were best friends again. I didn't mean it when I said that I didn't wan-"

"It's fine, it's just you did and I get it." I mumbled, pulling my hand back and getting out of the car when he stopped at Taco Bell. I hurriedly payed for the mango smoothie and got back into the car before Hayes was done getting the order for everyone else.

I looked down at my phone when it dinged, reading it.

Is that you??? -Ella

I looked around, finally seeing an Ella standing on the sidewalk looking up at me from her phone. I smiled, opening the door and motioning her over.

"Hey, Els." I greeted.

"Hey, who's with you?" she looked over and grinned, "Oh."

I scowled, brushing off my shirt in an excuse to not look at Hayes. "Can we go?" he asked and I nodded.

"Bye, Ella. I'll see ya tomorrow." I winked at her in reassurance before climbing back in. The air was on, freezing me.

"Here." he handed me his under armour hoodie before pulling out. I shrugged, pulling it on. Giving him a thin lipped smile, I leaned my head against the window feeling an oncoming headache.

__

love you, babes!

vote|comment|share