Damned Pink Dementor

"If she tries anything, Nix, you run and find me. Okay?"

With a sigh, I nodded my head, "I'll be fine, Fred. She's been questioning everyone."

"I know..." Fred grumbled. "Wretched woman."

"I'll see you at the meeting tonight," I murmured before placing a quick kiss on his lips.

I jumped off of the couch and headed for the portrait. It was nearly the end of April, and things had been going so smoothly for the past month. The DA meetings were kept quiet, and while Umbridge was suspicious, we somehow managed to keep her at bay. However, she was getting more and more anxious to catch something deviant within the castle walls. She started questioning students, and we all were a bit on edge.

As I walked through the corridors to that terrible pink torture chamber, I wondered if any of her goons followed us around to try and discover our secret spot. After she was done interrogating me, I would do a few laps around the seventh floor before actually going to the meeting.

At last, I reached the dreaded place. Umbridge was waiting behind her desk with a menacing smile and a cup of tea in her stubby hands. "Miss Thorne," She purred, "please, have a seat." She gestured for the stiff backed chair with flowery pink fabric. Trying not to seethe, I took a seat and stared at her. "Would you like a cup of tea?"

"No." I answered coldly.

"Just one cup," Umbridge insisted. "Don't be rude." With a flick of her wand, a tea kettle floated forward and tipped until its steaming liquids poured into a flowery tea cup lined with gold. "There, drink up."

She pushed the cup forward, and I took it in my hands. It was piping hot, and I considered splashing it in her face. Instead, I dumped it onto the floor and dropped the cup.

Her eyes narrowed into slits.

Good. I was trying to crack her fake little smile.

"I didn't come here for tea and biscuits. I came because you wanted to question me about some paranoid plot you've come up with in your head." I told her plainly.

Umbridge curled her hands into fists as she stared down at me. "I would have thought you'd learn to have more respect since our last little chat," She spat, "but I can see now that you are more like your insolent father than I realized."

"My father respected people who deserved it, and I am the same way." I retorted angrily.

"If you want to get farther than six feet in the ground, you'll learn to pay respect to your superiors." Umbridge replied in a vicious hiss. Her words lashed out at me, stinging me like a whip. I visibly flinched, and the sight slapped on that wicked smile once more. "You may leave, Miss Thorne."

Without waiting a second, I bolted out of her office and into the freedom of the corridors. I spun around a corner and crashed into someone.

Strong arms caught me before I could topple over, and when I looked up, I saw George.

"I-I don't trust her. I was waiting outside in case you needed me." George admitted quietly. "I'm sorry, Nix, I heard what the hag was saying."

Tears threatened to fall from my eyes, so I simply clutched George tighter. "I don't know why I let her get to me." I sniffled into his chest.

George gave me a much needed squeeze before wiping the tears from my face. "Fred was right, you know... when he called Umbridge a pink dementor. She sucks all of the happiness out of the room, but you just can't let it get to you. Don't let her make you think of all of the bad, just think of the good." He urged quietly.

The corner of my lips pulled up, and I looked at George with such gratitude. Suddenly, thoughts of my father's torn apart corpse was no longer plaguing my mind. Memories of birthdays and holidays, laughing and love, and him being alive and well replaced all of the bad.

"Thanks George," I whispered.

He beamed, "Come on. Everyone's working on their patronuses, and it's like a bloody zoo in there."

Being in the sanctuary of the Room of Requirements certainly lifted my spirits. That and watching dozens of different creatures burst as wispy white mist from wands then prance about the room.

Fred, George, and I were laughing as we watched George's fox try an chase Fred's laughing hyena. We watched the silvery white creatures climb higher and higher into the air, but suddenly, the room began to shake. As the twins lost concetration, their patronuses faded and all was left was the trembling crystal chandelier.

"Harry?" I murmured in urgent confusion.

The room shuddered violently, and everyone began to scramble. A young boy, Nigel, wandered over towards the entrance of the room where a hole was blown through.

Umbridge's shrill voiced pierced our ears as she said, "I'll make short work of this. Bombarda Maxima."

"Nigel, down!" I screamed, but Harry was already rushing over to protect him from the blow.

I watched in horror as our sacred walls came crumbling down and the Inquistorial Squad burst in. Kids began to frantically try to flea, but they were fast. In the chaos, I raised my wand and sprinted towards the bulletin board where we had the list of names pinned up. I had to destroy it.

"Incendio!" I shouted, wand aimed at the list.

Right as the words left my lips, I felt someone's shoulder charging into my side and I fell over with a violent scream. When I looked up, I saw that monstrous Slytherin boy, Draco Malfoy, hovering over me with his wand in my face. Upon second glance, I also saw that I missed and the list was still in tact on the board.

"Get off of her!" Fred bellowed, armed with his wand.

"Mr. Weasley!" Umbridge shrieked. "I do suggest you lower your wand, if you want to avoid further punishment."

As she spoke, Malfoy tugged me up and Fred lowered his wand.

Students were shaking in fear, and bits of stone and dust were scattered everywhere. Malfoy had a tight grip on my arm, and in that moment, I met Harry's eyes. He looked defeated.

I couldn't believe it, but she caught us.

We were all in the DADA room. Harry, Ron,Hermione, Luna, Neville, Ginny, and some other students were in her office. Fred George and I with some other kids where locked in the room. "This is bloody brilliant. I have half a mind to go up there and stupify her arse." George paced back and forth quietly yelling. I walk from where I am and sit on the front table. "You know that'll make it worse. We have to get out of here I'm about to go insane."

"I wish I had those ears so I could throw one up there and hear what they are saying." Fred said laying down on the table. "Didn't Hermione's cat chew it up a few months ago?" I look at him playing with his hair. He sighs and nods.

The classroom doors flew open and Snape walks in. "I presume you three where involved?" He says waking up to us. He looks around to to the other five kids and back at us. "Is potter up in her office?" We all nod and he rushed up the stares. I tap both of George and Fred and point to the door, "it's open. Now is our chance." We run to the door and the other kids stayed. Probably just scared to get caught again. We rush to the nearest court yard.

We walk back to the common room unseen. I collapse on the couch, followed by George. Fred sits on the armchair. "Damned pink dementor. How could dumbledore let her do this?" I tiredly but angrily say. "He didn't have a choice, Nix." I look over to Fred. "He could have gone to the ministry but no he just fled."

A few hours have gone by and still no sign of the golden trio. The twins and I waited in the common room the whole time. We were going over some new inventions just as the portrait opens we look and see Harry, Hermione and Ron. Neville and Luna are behind them as well.
"At least she's gone for good mate." Ron says sitting next to me. The twins and I look at each other and then to Harry.

"Who's gone? What happened? " Fred said.
"Umbridge. Hagrid's troll thing scared her. And then these centaurs came and took her." Ron stated happily.
I look at Harry. "So now what?"

"We have to get to Sirius." Harry says.