My First Detention

Start from the beginning

Ginny narrowed her eyes at the Slytherin side, while Hermione frowned. "Oh no." I groaned, listening to the Slytherins taunt Ron. I almost hoped he couldn't hear, but the way they were nearly screaming would make it impossible to ignore.

Ron raised his arms, trying to shield the gold ring, but his efforts only made things worse. Pucey threw the Quaffle straight through Ron's arms and passed the goal.

"Slytherin scores!" Lee announced bitterly. "Bad luck, Ron."

"Weasley was born in a bin
He always lets the Quaffle in
Weasley will make sure we win
Weasley is our King!"

"Nice Bludger from George Weasley! Katie Bell catches the Quaffle and passes it to Johnson, and she—oh!—drops it!" Lee sighed. "Warrington has the Quaffle now, and he's flying fast past Bell. She's about to intervene! Closer, just a a little closer and—damn! Rotten move by the good for nothing beater—"

"JORDAN!" McGonagall snapped.

"Sorry, Professor." Lee sighed. "Kinda."

My eyes focused on Harry, and I watched as he suddenly zipped forward. The way he was moving, I knew he must have spotted the snitch, and just in time by the looks of it. Slytherin scored three more times, and at this rate, they might win even if Harry caught the snitch.

"Angelina Johnson has the Quaffle. She's closing in on the goal, and... she misses! She's really not on top of her game today." Lee frowned. "Montague gets the Quaffle and passes it to Adrian Pucey. Warrington is on his left, and it looks like they've got something up their sleeves."

"Weasley is our King,
Weasley is our King,
He always lets the Quaffle in
Weasley is our King."

The Slytherin students were cheering their awful lyrics, and by the looks of it, Ron was just about to give up and dive off of his broom. It wasn't looking too good for the Gryffindor team, but suddenly, Harry was diving towards the ground. Hermione, Ginny, and I got to our feet and cheered as we saw him race past Malfoy and reach his hand out.

"Harry Potter catches the Snitch! Gryffindor wins!!" Lee applauded as he clapped his hands together. The final score is Slytherin with ninety, and Gryffindor with one hundred and sixty! Close game, but Gryffindor pulled through!"

The Gryffindor side was cheering happily as the players began to descend to the ground. However, out of the blue, a Bludger came and knocked Harry clear off of his broom. Thank Merlin he was only a few feet up! My eyes quickly traveled back to see Crabbe with his bat raised.

Hermione and Ginny winced, and the rest of the Gryffindor side booed angrily. My eyes narrowed, and I excused myself to scurry down to the pitch. Wouldn't hurt to plant a few traps in the Slytherin changing rom.

As I was about to slip into the changing room, I noticed Malfoy hovering on with a sneer on his face. Ron looked ashamed, but Harry looked ready to smack him. Unable to stop myself, I wandered over.

"We wanted to write a couple of verses," Malfoy explained, a smirk plastered on his face, "but we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly—we wanted to sing about his mother, you see..." Fred and George were walking over and heard what Malfoy said. Fred gritted his teeth together, and George's hands curled into fists. "We couldn't fit in useless loser either—for his father, you know..."

Fred lunged forward, but Alicia and Katie caught him by his robes. Before George could go anywhere, Harry and I held him back.

"Shut up, Malfoy." Harry spat at him.

His smile only widened, "But you like the Weasleys, don't you, Potter? Spend holidays there and everything, don't you? Can't see how you stand the stink, but I suppose when you've been dragged up by Muggles, even the Weasley's hovel smells okay... or perhaps, you can remember what your mother's house stank like, Potter, and the Weasley's pigsty reminds you of it."