CΗαρτεr 2 (Percy's pov)

I ran to Jason's cabin holding Annie's hand. Although we are in the middle of a night crisis I still was all warm and fuzzy holding her hand. We reached his cabin door and I knocked. "Of coarse he is sleeping and it is locked." I scanned the area. I saw a window on the right side of the cabin. I uncapped Riptide and slashed the window. It shattered on the floor. "Careful, Annabeth there is glass on the floor." I lifted her up and helped her through the window. I climbed in when I heard a yelp. "Stop! I will use this" I hopped in and saw Jason outing his lance up to Annabeth's throat. "Woah! Jason chill. It's just me and Annabeth." He lowers his lance and flicked the light on. "Oops sorry for the scare. I thought you were a monster." I pulled Annabeth next to me and told Jason that we needed his lance. "Wait. You want to use my lance, and stick it down some slimy monsters throat. Um...no" I was expecting him to say yes. " You shallow jerk, this is for camp. How 'bout I stick Riptide down your thr-" Annie put her hand on my chest. "Jason what he is trying to say is that we need your lance to kill the monster, to save camp. The Chimera is one of the most deadly monsters. Please, we will return it." He thought about the deal for a few seconds. "Fine. But, if you kill it, all the credit goes to me." I was so mad at this guy. "I'm the one who would be killing. I should get the credit, all you do is sit on your lazy b-" Annie cut me off again. "Jason, Jason will get the credit." "But." Annabeth stared me down. "No buts Percy Jackson. It's final." Jason grinned at me and handed me his coin. I like the three year old I am stuck my tongue out at him. Annabeth smiled and walked out the door. We were still walking when I heard him yell "And your going to pay for the window too!!!" I was about to yell some encouraging words at him but Annabeth told me that I would be stupid for doing that. I was walking her toward her cabin when I heard a tree crack. I heard a bunch of demigods screaming, and saw them all running. I was too busy looking at the demigods to notice my own girlfriend. "Percy!" She cried as a tree branch hit her back. "Agh" She fell to the ground hard and her head made a thud on the ground. "Annabeth!!" I ran towards her. She had a cut on her forehead. I looked around and saw Will Solice. "Will please help Annabeth, take her to the big house. She needs Ambrosia." He nodded and dragged her body towards the strawberry fields. And then in the distance, I saw it. The Chimera.