Coming Out . . .?

Word Count: 2125

Type: Cute, kinda depressing (sorry not sorry)

-

I walked out of the coffee shop after finishing my cappuccino, the cold morning breeze blowing through my hair. I looked up at the sky and gave it a dreary and weak smile, the best one I had, as I walked past the shops on the Los Angeles streets. I stopped for a split second to look into a shop window, not really focused on the items but just deep in thought, when I heard a high pitched scream behind me.

"AHHHHHHH!!!" I jumped and turned my head around to see a teenaged girl trembling on the curb, staring at me like she just saw Jesus. "OHMYGODITSCONNORFRANTA!" She screamed covering her face in her shaking hands.

Another teenage girl walking by turned to look at the commotion and her eyes went wide when they fell on me. I wasn't sure exactly what to do or say, if I should have said anything.

The second girl, who had frizzy brown hair, walked slowly up to me and smiled sweetly as the first one had a seizure behind her. "H-hi," she said shyly, "Um, I watch you on YouTube."

"Really? That's awesome," I smiled. I liked meeting viewers. I remember the first time anyone recognized me in real life. It was totally unexpected and I was so surprised that I had no idea what to say, leading to me being super socially awkward and making them really uncomfortable.

"I love you so much, Connor," she said, unable to stop smiling.

"Aww, I love you too!" I said taking the girl into a hug.

"Oh my god," she breathed.

The girl behind her had calmed down a little and took a step forward. "Y-you . . . you're really Connor Franta?"

"That's me," I said laughing slightly. The girl squealed and fumbled in her purse to find a pen.

"Can you sign my arm? Oh my god I can't believe this is happening. I love you so much, you have no idea. Oh my god are you even real."

I finished signing her arm when another fan and her friend spotted us and ran over excitedly. "Oh my god I have to tell the others about this!"

The word spread faster than I could stop it and before I knew it I practically had a last minute arranged meet up in my city streets. I had nothing against my fans, I just felt uncomfortable and needed to get back home to film my video for tomorrow.

"Connor, oh my god will you take a picture with me!?"

"Do you live around here?"

"Why are you all alone?"

"Your hair is even better in real life!!"

"Why isn't Troye with you?!"

"Can I touch your hair?!"

"Ohmygod Tronnor is totally real!"

"You're totally in love!"

"Guys, why isn't he answering?"

My head was starting to spin with all the questions and attention. Since half a year ago, I had started to get self conscious around people, especially strangers. I would get panicky and feel like I'm suffocating, which all started after I came out to my family and they weren't supportive. They scolded me, hated me, and practically disowned me.

I felt abandoned, lost, and like a failure. I couldn't believe what they did. I still couldn't believe that they had it in them to hurt me so much. How could they? I always thought they understood me. I had always trusted them, before all of this mess. They were the first and last people who I told I was gay. I knew I couldn't tell anyone else. It was the one thing that made my family hate me, so if I told anyone else they would only hate me too.