†† Chapter One

Start from the beginning

          I guess I will get all my answers from Adam. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. His scent was highly arousing to my nose. He had his own scent like everyone else.

          "Don't ever leave me." My voiced echoed. It does that when you run at full speed. Your voice changes into an echo.

          Adam's dark brown hair was flowing blindly through the wind. It slowed down as he did. I looked up at his house. I let go of his neck and walked zombie-like towards his house. I felt like a raisin, dried up.

         Electricity passed my body and shocked the ground as I walked up the steps. I looked down on myself and eyed my hands mysteriously. As I walked inside, I made my robes disappear along with my staff and I was wearing my normal clothes again.

           I heard the door close behind me and I sat down on the wooden floor. I crossed my legs and stared at the colors of the wood. Adam joined me and sat down in front of me. I wouldn't look at him because I'd probably start crying.

          And I don't want to cry anymore, the tears burn my eyes.

          "How are you feeling?" He asked me as he took both of my hands.

          "It hurts." I said in a whisper.

          I sensed the tension from his palms. He needs to stop worrying about me, stop being so protective of me. Because I'm going to die and I don't want him to get attached to me. It hurt so much.

          "It will get better soon." He said.

          "No," I paused. "It won't."

          "Yes it well."

          "What's wrong with me?" I asked him.

          "I don't know if you won't tell me what's wrong in the first place." He indicated.

          "My body hurts, my emotions are cluttered, I feel like slapping you right now." I answered. He gripped on my hands and kissed them.

          "You're new," He pointed out the obvious! "It should stop soon."

          "And if it doesn't?"

          "It will! Now stop that before I slap you." He tapped me gently on my chin which made me smile. He always knows how to make me smile. In fact, he's the only one that can make me smile while I'm in pain. "Now tell me why do you think you're dying again. You seem fine to me."

          "Because I'm not supposed to be a vampire and a necromancer at the same time."

          "And is there a rule on this?"

          "Vamptra told me and I feel it inside of me. The change is brutal and it hurts so much." I felt like I wanted to cry. That's how much it hurt. My body was aching so much. Suddenly my body felt weird, almost light. I thought it was something about being a vampire until the electricity released.

          I gasped as my eyes turned black and tears streamed down. The pain...

          The electricity shocked me and circled my body. I wasn't doing this, I wasn't controlling it. Adam stepped back as it shocked him too. I wailed loudly as the pain covered my entire body. Adam looked like he was about to pass out.

          Each strand of hair began to hover. I wanted to scream but the pain made me forget how to speak. Then as quick as it started, it stopped. I collapsed on my back and my eyes went back to normal. I wiped away the tears as Adam reached up for me.