Chapter 7

Whrath

Days turn into weeks. Weeks into months. March into May. May into June. I didn't search for that monster anymore. Tahryn does. I drink. Then drink some more. I eat but don't taste. Work on autopilot. Then stare at the ceiling all night.

I thought I missed him before. Now I grieve for him. He moved out to Alexios' realm where he's staying with them. Now I can't even go into a room he just exited to try and catch his scent.

My family tried talking with me but I did all I could to avoid them. Always having something to do. Somewhere to go. Family dinners missed. Meetings I was not present. Now they just look at me. Pitying me. Until I ask what the fuck they're looking at. Then the ceiling and chairs and walls become interesting to them.

The only thing keeping me sane was... Actually nothing kept me sane. I was eccentric now they say. The same ones that used to call me quiet. I was the life of the party. Anywhere had demon juice in abundance I was there. Trying to drown my sorrows.

Last night was no different except I brought home... Something or better yet someone. He reminded me of Ascari. Beautiful and brave. But when we arrived inside my room he punched me in the face.

"I'm not your angel you bugger. I just needed a place to stay tonight. So get a shower you smell worse than a bar." well I never!

Looking at him in proper lighting he was nothing like my Ascari. His hair was the wrong color. His face though nice didn't hold a candle to my angel. And he was short. Barely reaching my chest. I scoffed at him and made my way to the bathroom. When I came back out the.. Thing was tucking my blanket around himself and all the pillows made a fluffy wall separating the bed into two.

"That's your side." Mr. Bossy pants declared. "If any. And I mean anyyy body parts come on my side I will cut it off. Okey dokey! Good night!" then he was out. He snored and kicked and cursed all night. I thought of smothering him with a pillow. Then thought better of it. See? Still sane.

Murdha and Alexios were the ones that found us this morning. The thing on my chest snuggling closer the more I pushed it away.

"I know this looks bad but nothing happened." I said awkwardly. My head pounding. My throat burning. 

"Mmh hmm..." Malice made it sound so scandalous.

"Ha! As if! I wouldn't sleep with this buffoon who can't tell a woodland fairy from an angel." it muttered batting my hands off him and stretching pushing his hands in my face carelessly.

"Get out of bed and meet us in the gym in ten." Alexios murmured. Disappointed. He was disappointed with me. I am such a fuck up. Living up to the title of little brother.

"Not you fairy. You're coming with me." Malice said making a mad grab for the fairy trying to covertly leave.

"Come on! Nothing happened! I just want to get out of here and find a safe place for tonight man." the fairy said exasperated.

"Why do you need a safe place?" Malice asked.

"Why are you fat?" the fairy countered.

"I'm not fat! That's muscles!" Malice the shallow defends.

"Shut it you two! Malice you know what to do. Move." Alexios commanded using that creepy psycho look on him. I swear that look could shrivel a man's balls.

I gulped when he directed it at me and left.

Ten minutes later and I was surrounded by my brothers. "What is this?" I asked looking around the gym.

"The new and improved come to Jesus talk." smack! Tahryn slapped me across the chest.

"Ow! You fucker! That hurts." I shouted at him.