OddBall

OddBall

~Senia~

 Senia walked down the hall, avoiding any unwanted glares, or bouts of giggle coming her way. She had learned to keep her emotions hidden down deep. But couldn't help but not want to be the laugh of the school.

Her hands gripped her muddy burlap sac that was dripping onto the tiled floor, leaving small puddles behind her like a trail. Senia felt careless at the moment, like that the stares didn't matter at the moment. Just the moment, she sighed.

That was one thing she had to work on.

As for the muddy bag, that was another story. One that would never be told, she thought.

Senia's footsteps echoed the hall, seeming to be the only thing making noise, even though there was majority of the school crowding around in it. They started to laugh at her, pointing and nudging their friends. A sigh escaped her lips, drowned out by the crowds laugh. Senia reached behind her back and furiously pulled the piece of paper taped to her back off, and crumpled it up.

Her face began to turn into a shade of pink out of embarrassment.

Senia threw it behind her, somehow knowing in the back of her mind what it said. People started to clear at that, heading towards the cafeteria, some of them muttering 'Wow,' and 'What a spaz.' 

She knew she wasn't, and that was all she needed.

Know for lunch, Senia thought, shuttering. This was the worst part of school, in her opinion. Everyone was divided into their own separate groups, including the 'barbies', 'jocks', 'nerds', and many more. Lets just say the only good thing about it was that Senia learned not to take lunch money anymore.

Seems silly? She knew, and before Middle-School, she thought that taking lunch money from others was just a cruel joke that was only in movies.

So now, she stood in the middle of the cafeteria, with a brown paper bag in hand. Starring at all the full tables, there were none she could sit at, even if it was with the chess club, they were to nice to make her leave. But would rant on about how she was ruining their 'Reputation'

She knew she was most certainly not welcome at any of the other tables. So headed to the doors. The ground always welcomed her to sit and eat, as cheesy as it sounded.

Swinging open the door, she instantly relaxed when the cool breeze enveloped her body, breaking any sweat that formed in her mind.

She skipped towards the field, knowing that no-one would be watching. It was the opportune moment to be herself, and let everything go.

Senia sat herself on a patch of green grass, and reached her hand into the dingy brown paper bag, pulling out a hard red apple.

Senia relished the thought of being alone, and when she was. No-one could bother her, they would if they could, but they were to busy gossiping, and talking about football. She snickered at that, she thought it was quite silly that people would spend there time talking about the newest trends, or any stupid football fail, or score.

She had never been like that, in any point in her life. For her, it would be abnormal to talk about makeup or anything, sure she wore makeup, and loved the way it made her look when she put it on, but it wasn't her life, or even a small part of it. It was simply just a favor to herself-if you know what she meant.

Makeup only made the outside look good.

At least she knew the true meaning of being beautiful.

Senia stared down at her feet, caught up in her thoughts, to busy to notice the revolving world around her, and all that was in it.

For now, those silly thoughts that someday she wouldn't be the one left out, the 'oddball', was what she imagined her future life to be like. All she had to do now to make that dream become a reality was fight back the black that was slowly engulfing her life, and show everyone that although she wasn't the prettiest girl in school, she had potential, and nobody could stop her from reaching the tip of the mountain.