The Beginning

Arabella

"Ma'am, wake up. You can't sleep here." I groaned as the police officer woke me up.

I got off of the bench and grabbed the few things that I had with me. Walking down the street I was lost in my thoughts.

Everything was going so perfectly until my mom died. That lady was my everything, now my everything is gone because of a house fire. She was the only one that I had left. Now I have no one.

This is what my life consists of lately, me finding random places to sleep. Roaming the streets trying to find scraps of something to eat.

As I'm walking I notice that it's kind of getting chilly outside, so I pull my jacket closer to my body trying to feel some type of warmth.

I look up at all of the bright lights that New York has to offer. Oh how I would kill to be on one of the billboards one day. Maybe some dreams were meant to never come true.

Tired of being taunted by all of the smiling, successful faces on the billboards I turn to head down an alley to see what I could find to snack on.

Making my way down the alley to the dumpster I didn't notice that someone else was there also. Before I could make it to the dumpster I trip over what feels like a book bag.

Who in the hell leaves a back pack in the middle of the alley?

Dusting myself off while getting up. I look up and see the most handsome man I have ever seen. Shaking myself out of the naughty thoughts that I was beginning to have of this fine specimen, I noticed something.

His clothes are ripped, his shoes are holey,and his beard is very overgrown. Yet, he manages to still look so sexy.

His eyes connect with mine and we finally make eye contact. I felt some type of connection while we were having our stare down. I wonder if he felt it too.

Before I could even fix my mouth to say something to him, he grabs his book bag and takes off. I stand there in a daze of the man who just left.

I didn't know when or if I would see him again, but I had a feeling that this was just the beginning.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

Well this is my first story/book EVER! And it would mean so much to me if I could get at least 5 votes on it. Tell me if you like it or not. Should I quit writing or continue.

Arabella is in the mm.

I would also like to give a very huge thank you to my bestie roses_r_red_i_am_me for making my beautiful cover!!!