One Step at a Time

Arabella (2 months later)

2 months later and Amere and I have become the best of friends.

We've been getting to know each other more and more. He has told me that he developed feelings for me, but I'm honestly not worried about being in a relationship. I just want us to be able to get a steady job to get some income, so we can save up and find a place.

We both have been looking and applying for jobs. Still "living" at the shelter. It's not the ideal place to live but it much better than sleeping in the dark cold alley.

There's this restaurant close by the shelter and I've been wondering if they were hiring. And since I am looking for jobs and I have nothing better to do, why not go check it out.

Walking into Bear, I walk to the hostess asking her if I could speak with the manager. After waiting a couple of minutes for the hostess and manager to come back , I introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Arabella." I said, holding my hand out for her to shake. "Hi Arabella I'm Jelena, follow to my office so we can talk in private please."

Closing the door after we enter the office, I sit down and Jelena starts talking.

"So how may I help you?"
"Well, I was wondering if you guys were hiring?" I said, silently praying that she would say yes.
"Actually we are. And we're also short of staff,can you start tomorrow?"

When she said that I smiled so hard that I thought my cheeks would explode.

"Thank you so,so much! You don't know how much I needed this job!" I said,while tearing up.
"No problem, just make sure that you're here at 9:00 am."

"I'll be here! Thanks again!" I said standing up when she did. After getting the attire that I would have to wear at the restaurant I cheerfully make my way to the shelter.

Walking into the shelter I see Amere sitting at one of tables. Plopping down on the seat across from him I can't help but to be all smiley.

"What got you so happy?" He asked.
"I got the job!!!" I screamed, while jumping into his lap.
"That's great Bella! I'm happy for you. When do you start?" He asked, while playing with my fingers.

" I start tomorrow." I said, still excited. "So soon?" He asked, while looking confused.

"Yeah, the manager said that they were short on staff. Plus I need something to do." I said, running my fingers in his hair.

"Well as long as you're happy Bella. I'm still looking for a place to work." He said.
"You'll find something Mere." I said, lightly pecking his cheek.
▪▪▪
Waking up I see that it's 8:30. I have only a few minutes to eat breakfast, freshen up, and get to work.

After eating and getting myself dress and saying bye to Mere I make my way to Bear. Once I entered I looked at the clock noticing that I got there at 9 on the dot.

Making my way to the manager office I knock on the door and walk in.

"Hey Arabella! Glad to see that you're on time. Follow me and I'll show you to the waitress who you're going to shadow today." Jelena said, walking out of the office.

"Arabella this is Cammy, Cammy this Arabella and you will be teaching her everything she needs to know about being a waitress ok?" Jelena asked.

"Yes ma'am." Cammy said.
"Good well good luck Arabella." Jelena said, walking back to her office.

"Come on, I'll make sure that you learn all there is to learn." Cammy said, while smiling softly at me leading the way to our first table.

▪▪▪

After a long ass day of being on my feet, I finally made it back to the shelter. As soon as I walked in I immediately sat down at the table Mere was sitting at.

"How was the first day Bella?" He asked in his deep baritone voice.
"It was fun, tiring but fun." I replied tiredly, while resting my head on his shoulder.

"That's good Bella. I'm glad you enjoyed your first day at work." He said smirking.
"Yeah me too. I'm tired I'm gonna go wash up and probably lay down. Night Mere!" I said, making my way to the washroom.

Since I couldn't go to sleep I just laid in the bed thinking. After my mom died I thought that everything was completely over for me, but after meeting Mere and getting this job I feel like everything is finally coming into place. All I can do is take it one step at a time.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Took me like 2 weeks to even get in the mood to write this lol. But updates should be more often now.

Comment your thoughts on this chapter. And vote, vote, vote!!! At least 10 votes this time! (Even tho I'll probably update when I hit 5)