1 day remaining

1 day remaining :

* Maisy's pov *

I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

7 years ago, I made a promise to my best friends. But was I really going to throw away my life for 6 people I had never met?

What if I didn't like them?

That's stupid maisy, you've texted them non-stop for 7 years, I think you know them better than your parents.

But what if California isn't for me?

Can we even survive?
What about shelter, food, money, college and bills?!

I'm not ready to pay bills! I can't even remember to feed my goldfish.

Wait

goldfish...

I HAVENT FED MY GOLDFISH SINCE SATURDAY!

I walked anxiously towards my bathroom where my goldfish, Queen K, was swimming probably starving to death.

I peaked around the corner of the door to see Queen K swimming around in the glass bowl.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I reached for the fish food and shook a few flakes of food creating a canopy over the crystal blue water.

One by one the flakes would disappear, with Queen K coming up to the surface every now and then, just enough so her lips would be exposed to the air.

I slumped myself against the wall and gradually slid down next to the toilet and Queen K sighing in both relief and anxiety.

Was it really worth it?

Was I going to regret this?

"Yes" said one half of the brain.
"No" said the other.

I was so focused on this argument with myself I didn't notice my front door latch open until I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, let's go."

I looked up to see my older brother, Clinton, leaning up against the door frame of my apartment.

He gave me a long sigh and a reassuring face saying "what am I going to do with you".

And all I could manage to offer him was a slight smile in his direction.

I got myself up and said my final goodbye to Queen K and lazily dragged my toes along the velvety carpet for one last time.

Clinton grabbed my luggage whilst I rummaged through my purse to find the keys to my apartment.

After trying to find them for several minutes, I find them on the hook of the door.
I took one slow step out of my apartment, and turned around.

My hand gripped the door knob and slowly began to close the door shut.

"Cya apartment."

I closed the door shut and locked it, for the very last time.

It was a silent walk through the hallways until Clinton broke the ice.

"You ready?"

I began to part my lips to speak but there was nothing to say.

Not that there was nothing, I couldn't think of what to say.

Was I?

Was I ready to leave the only place I had ever called home because of some promise I made 7 years ago?

***

ahhh first chapter is up!!
i hoped you guys liked it and if you did don't forget to lemme know by liking, commenting or following the book/acc.

Love D