"Inuyasha there are a million sheds on our shrine filled with family heirlooms and stuff, it would take us hours to look for him out there."

"So what,"

I say.

She points outside, the sun's setting. 

I sigh heavily and follow her inside remembering that tonight is the new moon and I won't have my powers to help the search. 

"oh lighten up,"

she says, giving me a pat on the shoulder.

"He's going to come back inside soon anyway."

We go back up to her room and wait. Pretty soon, It's dark and My hair turns black and my dog ears are nowhere to be seen.

I look at my hair from all angles in this reflective thing Kagome calls a "mirror" and for the first time I see what I look like up close.  

My nose is really pointy.

"Hey Kagome,"

I say, not turning away,

"Does my nose really look this pointed?"

Kagome glaces at me before replying,

"You're acting like such a girl, and your nose isn't the worst of our problems. Gramps isn't back yet, I'm worried." 

I go over to where she is on the floor next to her bed and sit beside her

"Don't worry Kagome, Your ol' man isn't a weaking right? He has sutras and stuff to protect himself."

She weakly smiles what looks like a fake smile, I can see through it.

"Thanks Inuyasha,"

She leans against me, which takes me by suprise and I can feel my heartbeat race suddenly.

 damn these stupid human emotions, how does Kagome live with them 24/7? 

I turn to say something to her and find that she's asleep. I turn back ahead but soon start to find myself getting dreary. 

 I forgot again that I'm human tonight and humans need more sleep than demons. 

Before I know it, I'm nodding off with kagome still leaning against me.

-Kagome's POV-

I can feel sunlight on my face and I start to reach out to find my clock to see what time it is. Instead, I find flesh beween my fingers.

 I open my eyes and look at my hand. 

My fingers are intwined with another hand's fingers, strong fingers that are bigger than mine, with claws at the end of them. My eyes jolt open and I sit up.

I'm holding Inuyasha's hand!

  I look at Inuyasha sleeping against the frame of my bed, with my fingers intwined with his. My face goes from normal to pink in a matter of seconds as I remember how I fell asleep on his shoulder last night.

 I quickly take my hand from Inuyasha's and stand up. 

Inuyasha's hand that held mine in it, now empty, twitches before he slowly opens his eyes. I quickly turn away and pretend to not notice him. 

was he awake when i held his hand?

I squeeze my eyes shut and pray that he was asleep. 

-Inuyasha's POV-

I open my eyes to see kagome sitting at her desk, looking at a small box and tapping at it. I sit up and look at my hand. 

It feels,.. empty, somehow.