Chapter 18 - Doublet Finale (Add)

[Glave's Point of View]

...

The opportunity to reunite with my beloved Ara presented itself once again. Kekeke~! No one shall stand in my way! No one! I was utterly done with permanently losing the people I adored. For instance... no, nevermind.

"Such hypocrisy!" Luto chuckled. "Technically speaking, both of you are battling the one you adore! No matter what form, you two humans are still Add and Ara!" He slightly coughed, proceeding on with his ramble afterwards. "Forget that. Fill this quarrel with mirth! Amuse me! But first..."

A bright light suddenly engulfed my body, and entire room, to be exact. The beam was shining far too much for anyone to see anything in the vicinity. I could feel my mask being crushed and smashed into billions of tiny pieces. Oddly, the air was devoid of sounds of objects making contact with the ground. My attire and hairstyle seemed to have changed, as well. However, I couldn't exactly tell in this damn situation.

When the luminescence vanished, I glanced ahead at the Yama Raja. Except she wasn't the opponent that I knew of.

The woman standing in front of me seemed exactly like my girlfriend. The Sakra Devanam, whom belonged to me, and only me. I began to feel misty-eyed. I wanted to embrace Ara, and reveal how much I had missed her.

Then, I looked down at myself. I was wearing a lab coat, similarly to the Mastermind's. I felt my head and hair. It was tied up in a ponytail. Tch!

From my understanding, I could speculate that Luto had transformed me to share the physical appearance of the other Add, while the other Ara was transformed to share the physical appearance of my Ara.

"What's the meaning of this?!" I scowled.

"Why, this is simply to make things more challenging. It would unnerve you two to be exactly fighting the one you hold dear, no?"

"How cunning of you." Ara muttered.

Indeed, I agreed with her. His stratagem was smart, it made me hate him even more.

Promptly, Ara's eyes dilated. I had no idea what transpired, but it was my duty to defeat her. Still, I couldn't bear the thought of attacking the Ara I knew best.

...

The Ruler of Darkness charged at me with her spear, at high speed. Quickly, I managed to convince myself that these were all illusions and tricks, gathering myself and floating out of the way on my dynamos.

Yes, the fight was unfolding now.

"Energy Void! I will not allow your escape!" she declared. A strong field of hellish power was released, automatically pulling me towards it, as if it was a black hole in space. Darkness surrounded my dynamos and I. There were no means of absconding.

The void caused an explosion of a reasonable size, blasting me back against the wall. I slightly groaned. Dear God, my spinal chord was not okay.

She was a few inches away from thrusting at me, but unfortunately for her, I came to my senses in time. I sent out three kicks fully charged with electricity, knocking her away. I added onto my combination attack by hitting her twice more with the electrical shocks, pushing her forwards and blasting her upwards.

While she was in the air, she pulled herself at a suitable position in front of me, firing materialized energy bullets at my chest before landing onto the platform swiftly.

Enduring the pain, I created a portal to travel through a small distance in space, reappearing behind her.

"Kyahahaha! Reverse Circle!" I launched a tangible, piercing energy ball.

Not suspecting a thing, Ara was surely surprised, judging by the look on her face when she turned around.

...

The battle raged on. We were both quite exhausted, unable to force the other party to admit defeat.

Still, I continued to shoot electric waves from my feet, thanks to my Nasod weapons. Ara kept dodging with precision, stepping out and about. She also parried the electricity with her spheres of void.

When she was close enough, an energy ball pressed down at her with a wide range and gravitational field.

"Gravity Buster! This marks your end!" I laughed.

She laid flat on the floor, with her eyes closed. Did I... win?

...

---[CHAPTER 18 - DOUBLET FINALE (ADD) : END]---