Chapter 14 - Saviour

...

The Sakra Devanam took a deep breath, then proceeded to give her elucidation."The other Add, who is, um... my lover, I guess? H-He's from a different universe, and so am I. The Add I know is referred to as the 'Diabolic Esper'. He has the ability to manipulate time and space. U-Um, long story short, he abused his ability too much to save me in multiple timelines, which lead to some sort of punishment. Uwah! It's all my fault..." she began to tear up.

Honestly, this form of myself was certainly a crybaby. It was getting annoying.

"Continue your explanation. It's not your fault, Ara." I reassured her, although it did feel odd, referring to her as Ara as well. I suppose it made sense, since she and I are apparently the same person from different worlds.

"A-After each timeline, I lost my memory of the events that had occurred. But, this man named Luto, who is Add's boss or something of the sort, summoned me to him, and returned all of my recollections. I don't know why, but it was kind of him, and I appreciate it a lot. Luto explained to me that Add was here, which was a bad thing. Why? Because the longer he's h-here..." she sniffed. The tears returned.

I patiently waited for her to calm down again, to resume the precious summary.

"Th-The longer h-he's here, th-the more danger your Add w-will be in. That's what L-Luto said. He didn't give me a-any specific details, but he ordered me to go share this information with you, so you c-could be his saviour. I don't want the worst to happen to your Add, because i-if my Add is venturing here for my sake, I'll feel really g-guilty." Ara wiped away the water from her eyes.

At that moment, I knew that I had to leave for Add's laboratory immediately. Please Add, be safe!

"I don't have much time here, to t-talk to you in your sleep and all. So, I'll be disappearing soon. I wish you the best of luck! I'll be supporting you from afar!" she smiled.

"Affirmative." I nodded.

A few seconds later, she vanished into thin air, and just like that, my dream came to an end.

...

After my eyes cracked open, I immediately sat up, rubbing my eyes with a yawn. I glanced out the window, and it was early morning. Scrambling off the bed, I ran out of the guest room, not bothering to heed my noise level. Adel was probably awake by now anyway, right?

I sped out of the residence without a simple "thank you" to the chief, it was quite rude of myself, but I had no time! Add was first priority.

I kept running, and running, and running. I was extremely worried about him, which was obvious enough. But wait. What if, this was all merely a hallucination, and Add was actually fine? What if, the dream I had last night was all simply a dream, and nothing more? I definitely didn't want Add to be laughing his ass off when I arrived. Whatever the situation may be, I still had to check, just in case. Was I still sane? Perhaps this was the consequence of being friends with Add for too long.

...

---[CHAPTER 14 - SAVIOUR : END]---