A Surprise [Kim Seokjin]

My heart gripped in fear as I held the test in front of me. I looked at the little plus sign on the screen until my eyes turned blurry.

No, this couldn't be happening. Suddenly I felt a surge of nausea and I bent down towards the toilet, hurling the contents of my breakfast.

"Yeobo, are you okay in there?" I heard Jin's voice call out from the other side of the door.

"Yes, just give me a minute." I replied whilst clutching the toilet seat and standing up. I washed my mouth and straightened myself before stepping out of the bathroom.

"What happened, are you okay?" Jin asked studying my face and putting his hand to my forehead checking for a temperature.

I brushed his hand away and replied with a smile, "Yeah I'm fine, don't worry I think I ate something bad," I eased his worry.

He nodded. "Are you sure? I can stay behind to look after you-" I cut him off.

"No you don't have to do that, honestly I'll just rest and become well in a few hours." I put my hand against his cheek. "I'll be okay."

He didn't look convinced but didn't pester again. "I'll see you when I get home okay?"

I nodded and he kissed my cheek before leaving for work.

I sat on the bed, my heart heavy. I suddenly felt exhausted. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

After a few hours I heard the front door closing. Footsteps made their way towards the bedroom and Jin came into sight.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he bent towards me on the bed.

"I'm good now," I reassured him with a smile. I made the effort to sit up and show him. "See, not sick anymore."

He grinned at me then pulled me to a stand. "Lets go out for dinner?"

"Oh, uh yeah sure, that would be nice," I smiled hesitantly.

"I'll just freshen up and we'll head out?"

I nodded and proceeded to go get changed. I didn't know how to tell him about the pregnancy. I didn't know how he would react knowing we were using protection but I still ended up falling pregnant.

Jin was taking longer than usual in the bathroom. I was ready to go so I went to check up on him. I knocked on the door, when no reply came I turned the handle knowing he never locked it.

My eyes widened in surprise when I saw him standing over the sink holding a familiar plastic stick. I went limp against the door and he turned around to look at me.

"When were you going to tell me?" his expression was clouded as he looked at me in disbelief.

"Jin, I'm sorry. I didn't know how it happened," I gushed as I went towards him. "We were being careful so I don't know what -"

"But this is brilliant news!" he exclaimed suddenly.

I looked at him confused. "What? You-you're not angry?" I questioned in shock.

He shook his head. "Why would I be angry?"

"I thought you didn't want to have kids, not right now anyway." I looked puzzled.

"I only used protection because I thought you didn't want to get pregnant," he declared. I looked up at him, realising his words. He grabbed my face in his hands and kissed me, taking me by surprise.

"You've given me the most wonderful present." he smiled down at me and the heaviness from my heart lifted at his words.

"I didn't know how I was going to tell you, I thought you'd be so angry at me," I whispered taking a deep breath.

"I would never be angry with you silly." he possessively touched my abdomen and I smiled up at him as my cheeks flushed.

"I can't wait to have this baby," he spoke in my ears as he pulled me towards his chest. I gripped his waist and sighed contentedly.

••
A/N
This was a short one, but fun to write nonetheless. Hope you enjoy it!