Glass Walls Shatter

Clarke was always a romantic. Not in the way of love, but in the way of beautiful symbolism. That's why, she had always thought that she and Bellamy were separated from each other by a thick, glass wall. She could see him through it and he could see her, but they couldn't reach each other. Somedays, she loved their distance. Others, she would yell and bang against the glass, trying to get through to him. Bellamy would do the same. She could also see the wall breaking down slowly. All the actions and the words, each chipping away at the glass. Beautiful shards falling to the floor.

"I need you, Bellamy"

Chip

"Who we are and who we need to be to survive are two very different things, princess"

Chip

"If you need forgiveness, I'll give that to you. You're forgiven"

Chip

She could see Bellamy at the other side. He watched her. He pounded on the walls. He rested against it, back turned towards her. As the walls grew thinner, she could speak to him through them. They would talk about anything and everything. But they were still too far away. They could still shut each other out.

Still, despite everything, they waited until the invisible force hit the breaking point and everything fell to the floor. They anticipated and feared that day. That day came sooner than expected.

"CLARKE, GET UP!!!" Bellamy yelled from outside her tent. Clarke groaned and rolled out of bed to get dressed. She exited the tent to see Bellamy waiting for her there.

"Want to go out hunting with me? I know you got to get some plants," he said and she chuckled.

"Yeah, sure. Just give me a sec," she said.

Once they had gotten everything and had put Miller in charge, they set off for the lake. They often went to the lake under the guise of hunting or collecting herbs. They would still get what they needed, but they would need a day off together every once and a while. They set up in their usual spot and sat together. They slipped into comfortable silence as Clarke laid her head on his shoulder.

Chip

Crack

A large crack ran through the wall. It branched out like a spider web. She knew that Bellamy could see it too.

"Clarke, I need to say something to you," Bellamy stated nervously. It wasn't often that Bellamy was nervous so it must have been important.

"What's up, Bellamy?"

"You're amazing and strong and smart and I... I just... I freaking love you and it's killing me because you don't know and probably don't feel the same way and I-" Bellamy said before Clarke placed a finger on his lips.

"I always imagined us separated by a thick, glass wall. I know it sounds stupid but it's true. We could see each other and hear each other. We would bang on the walls and yell but we could never reach each other. Every action, every word chipped away at the glass until now. The wall is shattered and I can finally get to you. And god, I love you too," Clarke said lovingly as his eyes widened in shock.

"You really mean it?"

"Do you take me for a liar?"

"Never," he said and they brought their lips together.

Chip

Crack

Shatter

"It is a little thing- glass is- until it is absent, then it becomes a big thing."
-Mark Twain