Colors

Bellamy's POV

On the ark we can't see color. Everything is a constant grayscale. Some never get to see color. Others find it one day. The only way you can find it is if you meet your soulmate. It sounds cheesy, I know but we all look forward to it. No matter how hard you try and convince yourself and others that you don't care, you really do. My life changed in more than one way the day I saw color for the first time. It had good timing, too.

I was a guard and when you're a guard, you tend to find things out before others. That's how I found out that the prisoners, including my sister, were being sent to Earth. I snuck on to the ship and we set off to Earth. We had a rough landing and two people died because they unbuckled their seat belts. I heard a female voice telling them to stop but I didn't pay much attention to it.

We landed and got out of our seats. That's when I saw Octavia. We hugged and I suggested that we open the door. A petit blonde stepped forward and stopped me.

"STOP! We don't know how much radiation could be out there." she said as I realized that I knew what her hair color is. I could see the blonde in her hair and the blue in her eyes. A look came over her and we just started at each other.

"I'm Bellamy and you are?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"Clarke, by any chance did you just see color for the first time because I sure as hell did?" she asked and I nodded. The other hundred looked at us in awe and a little jealousy. After a couple more minutes of silence she spoke up.

"Well, I'd love to get to know you better but for now I want to see the world in full color." The rest of the hundred laughed as I opened the door. I took her hand in mine as we walked out of the drop ship. We stepped on to the ground together. Like I said, my world changed in more than one way that day.