Accidents

CHAPTER 12*

(SPIKE'S P.O.V.)

Team two just went to a bank robbery as Sam was sparring with a guy from Team Four. We were about to leave when Winnie hollars at us.

"Sarge," Winnie says over the counter.

"Yeah Winnie?" Boss asks as we gather around her desk.

"SRU officer involved in an accident, they checked for an ID and found her badge," Winnie says, worry evident in her voice.

"One of the Team Two guys?" Ed asks, and I get a feeling in my gut that something's not right.

"Lil?" Jules asks and Winnie nods slightly.

"Is she okay?" Sam asks as my mind is flooded with worry.

"I don't know, they're taking her to the hospital," Winnie replies.

"I'm going," Ed says pulling out his phone to call Sophie. Sam and Jules follow him, I follow soon after, and then Sarge.

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

My eyes open adjust to the scene around me. I move my head slightly and a splitting pain goes through my head and wrist. To make things slightly worse, my truck is upside down, and my seatbelts stuck. The last thing I see are boots walking toward me before I slip back into unconsciousness.

(SPIKE'S P.O.V.)

As we were in the waiting room to see Lil. Jules and Sam were talking quietly, Sarge was leaning against the wall, and Ed was pacing. Soon the nurse comes out.

"You can see her now," the nurse says. The others go in, but I get stopped by Greg.

"Spike, we need to talk," He says. I nod, telling him to continue.

"What's going on Spike?" He asks.

"What do you mean boss?" I ask.

"Between you and Lillian," he replies, giving me a look that says 'spill it'.

"Yeah, we're together," I confess as I run a hand through my hair.

"How long?" He questions.

"About a week and a half?" I reply.

"Not as bad as I was suspecting," he says laughing slightly.

"Uh...thanks?" I reply confused.

"Keep it professional Spike," he says as we go into Lil's room.

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

I woke up to a bright light and beeping noises. My eyes adjusted, and I saw that I was in a hospital. The nurse walks in and checks my vitals.

"You have some visitors," she says smiling. Spike! She leaves then Sam, Ed and Jules walks in.

"Hey!" I say smiling as they envelope me in hugs. We talk until Spike and Sarge walk into the room, and exchange hugs.

"Is it broken?" Sam asks as I notice my arm in an ace wrap.

"Not sure," I reply looking at them as the doctor walks in.

"No, it isn't broken. Just badly sprained, and a mild concussion," the doctor informs us.

"Good," I reply, a soft laugh escaping my lips.

"You'll need at least three weeks off work," the doctor says looking at Greg.

"Will do," he replies. We talk for a while, and soon Spike and I are the only one's in the room. He hugs me, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry," I whisper running my hands through his hair soothingly.

"For what?" He asks, his voice vibrating my skin.

"For scaring you," I reply pulling him closer to where he's laying next to me. Honestly I did feel bad for scaring him, all of them. It wasn't intentional.

"It wasn't your fault, I was just worried," he explains, his breath creating goosebumps on my skin.

"I know," I reply. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"I'll come see you after work tomorrow," he says intertwining one of my hands with his.

"Okay," I reply. I'm enjoying this, just laying with him. We stay that way, him rubbing small circles on the back of my hand, for a while before he gets up. I immediately miss his warmth. He kisses me goodbye, and heads home.