Funeral and Feelings

CHAPTER 8*

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

My dad's funeral was today, and I was still staying at Spikes while I looked for a new place. It's been a few days since I kissed him, and he's kept his distance. Guess I shouldn't have kissed him. I walk up to my fathers grave considering his body was found in multiple parts. We were listening to the preacher when shots were fired. We all dove to the ground, Spike on top of me. Awkward.

"Is anyone hurt?" Sarge asks. 'No' and 'all good' replies were heard from the people as we got up off the ground. Team Three showed up, we were all questioned, and said we were allowed to leave.

"I advise all of you to go home," Sarge says as he motions for Team One to gather around him.

"Lillian, It seems like you have someone who wants to kill you," Ed says.

"I don't know who it would be," I reply as they look at me.

"Alright, meet at the station tomorrow, six a.m.," Sarge says.

"Yes boss," we reply. I climb into Spikes truck, and he stairs at the road, thinking deeply.

"Spike," I say looking at him.

"Yeah?" He asks and I take a breath.

"I like you," I admit to him quietly.

"W...what?" He asks glancing at me.

"I like you," I reply a little louder this time, afraid of his answer. He didn't reply, great. We reach his house, and I walk upstairs and into the guest room I was staying in. I change out of my dress, and into sweats, and a hoodie. Then pull my hair into a messy bun. I lay on the floor, close my eyes, and think. Don't judge I always do this. I was laying there when the door opened.

"He..," Spike says but was cut of. He tripped over my feet, and fell. I flinched, waiting for the impact of him falling on me, but when I look up he's hovering above me. One arm on each side of my head keeping himself up.

"Why are you on the floor?" He asks while a slight grin plastered on his face.

"I...um, I was uh thinking," I reply stuttering.

"On the floor?" He questions, and I nod, my face a light pink from blushing. He gets up and extends his hand. I grab it and he pulls me up.

"We need to talk," he says.

(SPIKE'S P.O.V.)

"W...what?" I ask again, not believing what she said.

"I like you," she says a little louder this time. I don't reply. She likes me? I mean, I've liked her for a while, but never thought she liked me back. We got back to my house, and went to my room. I took off my suit, and put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I need to talk to her. I open the door to the guest room.

"He..," I say but was cut off by tripping. I put my hands up to break my fall. I look down and see Lil on the floor making a funny face expecting me to fall on her.

"Why are you on the floor?" I ask a slight grin plastered on my face.

"I...um, I was uh thinking," she replies stuttering.

"On the floor?" I ask, and she nods. I get up and extend my hand out to her. I help her up, knowing we need to talk.

"We need to talk," I say and a worried expression flashes across her face. We sit on the bed facing eachother.

"Look Spike, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I," but I cut her off by kissing her. She looks at me as I pull away.

"I like you too," I sat looking at her. A small smile graces her lips.

"This is a little forward, but will you be MY bomb geek?" She asks smiling.

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

We sit on the bed facing eachother.

"Look Spike, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I," I say but was cut off by Spike kissing me. He kissed me!

"I like you too," he says smiling. I smile a little,

"This is a little forward, but will you be MY bomb geek?" I ask,

"Yeah," he replies and kisses me.

"Professional?" He asks as we break the kiss.

"Yeah," I reply. Then we head downstairs for supper hand in hand.

{I found it easy, yet hard at the same time to write this chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed it!}