The Moment of Truth

CHAPTER 13*

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.) 

I was laying on my sofa when Spike comes in. I've been out of work for three weeks, and I go back Monday. I look at him and smile. 

"Hey," I say as he comes to sit next to me. 

"What's wrong?" I ask seeing the depressed expression on his face. 

"I shot someone today," he says. I hug him, and somehow we end up laying side by side. His arms wrapped tightly around my waist, my arms around his neck, and our legs a tangled mess. He once again buries his face in the crook of my neck. 

"I need to tell you something," he says as worry floods through me. We've been together for a month and a half now, and I don't want to lose him. 

"What?" I ask concerned. 

"I forgot to tell you that Greg knows, but if we stay professional he won't say anything," he says. 

"Okay," I reply heaving a sigh of relief. He remains silent, and I know he needs to talk about it. 

"Spike, talk to me," I whisper running my hands through his hair as I so often did. He lets go of a shaky sigh. 

"He was sixteen, he was trying to protect his brother. He went after Jules, so I shot him. I didn't even blink, I just...just did it," he says clenching the back of my shirt. 

"Did you save Jules?" I ask and he nods. 

"Did you save the boys brother?"  I ask and he nods again. 

"Then you did your job. You not only saved a life, but you saved two," I say comfortingly. He sniffles a bit and I hug him, pulling him as close as possible. We stayed that way for what seemed like minutes, but turned out to be hours. I looked at the clock, and it was midnight. 

"Come on," I say slowly shuffling out of his grasp. I quickly change my jeans into shorts, throwing Spike a pair he left here. I crawl into bed, Spike following after me. I roll over facing him, as he instinctively wrapping his arms around me, and pulling me close. I lay my head on his chest, and wrap my arms around him in return. 

"We miss you at work," Spike says resting his head on top of mine. 

"I miss you guys too," I reply. 

"Ma's moving back to Italy next month," he tells me, his voice vibrating through his chest. 

"That's good right," I say, trying to be convincing. 

"Yeah, too many memories in our house for her," he says, his voice slowly drifting away. 

"I love you," I say quietly. Then I slowly look up to find him looking back at me. 

"I love you too," he replies kissing me afterwards. He pulls me closer, intertwining our legs once more before we both drift to sleep. 

{ Hey guys, this is just a short filler chapter. I love all the feedback I'm getting, it encourages me to keep writing. Thank you guys a bunch, and keep giving me feedback. It lets me know what to improve on, or what I need to continue doing. Once again thanks guys, and I'll update again soon.}