c h a p t e r || 20

Chapter twenty.
I sit in silence as Harry drives me home. We had walked along the pier for like an hour before he called Niall, telling him he was driving me home. I had told him that I could walk home, but he insisted on driving me, even though it takes longer than if I would walk.

"What is all this, Harry?" I ask him the question I have been thinking for the last hour.

"What?" He is smiling while looking at the road.

"This! With Niall? And you, and Zayn! You are like his puppies!" I blurt out, but for an answer he just laughs a bit and shakes his head. We are outside of the Wood's resident now and he turns of the engine.

"What kind of answer is that? I don't understand one single thing right now! Where is Niall? Why is he so mysterious? He is like a closed book that I can't open! And I like him, a lot! But as soon as he shows me a wonderful side of himself, he ruins it by being an ass again! It's like he has to be bad!" I sigh, letting out a heavy breath.

"Well, it's complicated. You have to talk to him about it"

"Where did he take off to?"

"He had to take care of something" he answers quickly. Too quickly.

I shake my head and open the door and hop out.

Why does he have to be like this? And Niall? Is it best that I make friends with Zayn too so they can treat me like shit together!?

I take a deep breath and walk through the gate and up the stairs. When I walk inside I get meet laughter. It is coming from the kitchen and I follow it.

"Oh, hi, dear!" Molly says and take a sip from her tea. She sits by the bar with Karen and Gina's father, Matthew. "Do you want some tea?"

"Yeah, thanks!" I sit down next to Karen and hear her ramble on by a new product on her job. Apparently she is a make-up artist.

I take a cookie from the plate that stands in between us and continue to listen on them. In the back of my head I wonder where Mr. Wood is. I look down the hall and see that his office door is closed, which probably means that he is in there. I still cannot believe that he asked me for sexual favors, only the thought making me nauseous. I cannot believe that he would do something like that to Molly and I think of what Gina said, that she have seen him with other women.

"Addie?"

I wake up from my daydreaming. All of them are looking at me.

"Yeah, sorry..." I blush.

"I was just asking you if you had a job back in England" Matthew says.

"Yeah" I clear my throat "I was working in a bakery" I smile polite. They are asking me a couple of questions before Karen and Matthew has to leave.

Molly's mother are dropping off the children at any moment and Molly and I starts with dinner.

"Are Mr. Wood joining us for dinner?" I ask while slicing the potato.

"No, he had to go away on a business trip for a couple of days, but my mother's staying for dinner when she drops of the kids"

I nod my head and we make small talk until Helen enters the door with the children. I've actually missed them even though they've only been gone one day.

We all help each other with dinner, I, fix the potato, Helen and Molly is lightning up the grill and the kids are making the table outside. It would be the first time I would eat in the yard. Molly told me their gardener is extremely good, a real expert, and their garden is very beautiful. There are rosebushes planted around the patio and by the pool house, Pablo, the gardener, has planted lilies. Their garden smells wonderful.

The food is delicious and Molly offers me and Helen white wine. My stomach ache has disappeared, just as my period is going away, so I don't say no.

"Leo, can you come and play with us?" Naomie asks her brother and gives him puppy eyes. We laugh and he nods his head.

"Okay, I will"

They disappears inside and we stay in the comfortable patio chairs, continues small talking for a bit before Helen calls it a night and goes home.

HOPE YOU LIKE
XX