Father enter the room. "How long are you going to sit there crying?" I dug my face into my knees as a reply. He groaned. I heard him set something beside me. "I got this from the kitchens. Drink it." I sniffed in reply. I heard footsteps leave. I could tell he was angry that I was ignoring him. Eventually I got up and made my way up to the common room. Best prepare for detention.

~~~~

At about eight, Filch met us at the front entrance to take us out. Malfoy kept elbowing me in the ribs and shot me a knowing smirk everytime I tripped. We approached Hagrid's hut. "Hagrid will be supervising your detention tonight." I heard Ron sigh in relief. Seeing this, Filch added, "You have some work to do in the Forbidden Forest."

Malfoy visibly paled. "But isn't that just what it is? Forbidden? Students aren't allowed. And there are-" We heard a howl as Malfoy gulped. "Werewolves." He finished. I suddenly thought of Uncle Remus.

"Oh there's a lot more than werewolves in there, boy." Filch said cheerily. Turning to Hagrid, he said. "I'll be back for what's left of them." Hagrid glared at Filch's back. Then he turned to us.

"Alright. Now all five of yer, listen and listen good." He glanced around to make sure we were paying attention.
"We are about to do some work in the Forbidden forest. It's dangerous in there so we all gotta follow the rules."

"If my father knew what we were doing-" Malfoy muttered under his breath.

"Then he'd tell you that's how it is at Hogwarts!"Hagrid cut in. "If yer'd rather be expelled, then go!" Malfoy made no move to leave. "Okay then. We will be going in groups. If yer in any trouble, send up red sparks."

We walked in the forest. As we went deeper I grew more uneasy and felt my scar throbbing. Hagrid suddenly stopped in front of a clear sticky substance on the ground. He bent down and felt the texture. "See that? It's unicorn blood. Found a dead one a couple o' days ago. Our job is to find the poor creature and put it out of its misery." I swore I heard Malfoy whimper. "One we've found it, we send up green sparks, got it?" We nodded. "All right, Ron, Hermione, you come with me, Harry, Cindy, you two go with Malfoy." We nodded and set out.

During the whole time I could hear Malfoy muttering under his breath, something along the lines of: wait till my father hears about this. Suddenly we heard a voice from behind. "What're you kids doing in here?" Malfoy screamed and made a dash for it. Hagrid and the others immediately came running over. He relaxed visibly when he saw us.

He nodded to the man, no, horseman behind us. "Hello Ronan." He turned to us. "This is Ronan, a centaur." Turning back to Ronan he gestured to us. "These are the Potter twins."

Ronan nodded. "It isn't safe for them to be in here."

Hagrid nodded in agreement. "We'll be out as soon as we find that creature."

Ronan seemed to ignore him. "Mars is bright tonight." Hagrid bid him goodbye and we split up again.

As we walked deeper into the forest, my scar started hurting more. Suddenly, we heard a noise.

"Did you hear that?" Malfoy had a painful grip on my arm that only grew tighter. I pried his hand off and gingerly stepped forward. Close by, there was a figure. The figure wore a black cloak and it was bent over something, I took another step and squinted through the darkness. It was a unicorn-and-the thing was drinking it's blood. Malfoy screamed deafeningly and raced off in the distance. The figure raised it's head to stare at Harry and I. My vision blurred as my scar seared with pain. Harry shoved me behind him and we both toppled to the ground. The cloaked figure approached us. Harry shielded me as I opened my mouth to scream.

Suddenly, another horse, no, centaur, leapt onto the cloaked figure and it disappeared into the darkness. The centaur turned and approached us. "Harry and Cindy Potter. The forest is not safe at this time, especially not for you two. I will help you. Get on." We climbed on his back and he raced away.

"Hey!" I spun to see Hagrid. He looked relieved. "Oh Firenze, it's you."

The centaur bowed his head. "Hagrid."

"I see you've met the twins."

"I just saved them back there."

"What was that thing you saved us from?" Harry asked.

"It is a dreadful creature. Harry and Cindy Potter, do you know what unicorn blood is used for?" We both shook our heads. "The blood of a unicorn can bring a person an inch from death back to life. But it comes at a terrible price. To have slain something so pure, so defenseless, you will lead a half-life, a cursed life."

"But who would want such a life?" I questioned.

"Can you think of no one? Not one?" Harry and I remained silent, but I knew we both had the same thought.

"Firenze! What're you doing there, letting humans ride you like a common mule! Have you no pride?!" I turned to see the centaur we had met earlier, Ronan, and another.

"I will ally myself with humans if it is for the greater good." The other centaur scoffed.

"Anyways," Hagrid interrupted. "Did you happen to see that thing clearly?"

"Mars is bright tonight." Firenze replied.

"Yes, yes, we've heard." Hagrid replied with annoyance coating his words. "Well, we best be going now, bye." The centaurs nodded at us.

"Thank you." I whispered to Firenze.

"Take care, Cindy Potter." I nodded in reply.

"Ruddy star-gazers," Hagrid complained on the way out. I blocked out the rest of the journey, as I couldn't get Firenze's words out of my mind.

~~~~

After we safely arrived at the castle, we bid Hagrid goodbye and headed in with Malfoy muttering about his father the whole way.

After we had settled in, we sat in the common room to discuss what we had seen.

"All along, we've been wrong. Snape doesn't want the stone for himself, he wants it for Voldemort." Harry paced back and forth.

"Don't say the name!"

"Professor Snape does not want it!"

Harry ignored us. "Don't you get it? That was Voldemort out there tonight, drinking the unicorn's blood. With the Stone he'll get stronger. He'll-he'll come back. I stood up.

"Harry, I agree with you that Voldemort wants the Stone. But I can honestly say I don't think it's Professor Snape who has been trying to steal it." Harry just glanced at me. "And if it is? What if it is, Cindy?"

I didn't respond. Deep down, I was scared of just the thing.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hey:) this longer chapter is a double update( to apologize for my absence) you won't need to wait long for the next one!

Enjoy, vote and comment!

Lots of love,
-Lily