Chapter 4

"W-w-who are y-you?" came a terrified whisper from the bed. Stiles and Derek spun around to face the girl, dropping their conversation instantly.

"My name is Derek Hale. I'm a friend of Stiles. Can you tell me anything about yourself?" Derek flashed a charming smile that would cause any female within a five mile radius to swoon.

"I already told Stiles I can't remember anything. It's like someone has erased part of my memory" the girl sighed.

"You're from Ireland aren't you? Surely you must remember your name at least" Derek prompted further, finally placing a location on the strange accent the girl had.

"I told you I don't remember" she stared at him with what seemed like anger.

"You're lying" Derek replied blatantly, staring into the girl's eyes. Stiles looked over at the girl in shock, unable to believe she had lied to him & Scott.

"I SAID I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING" she screamed.

"Okay we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Either you tell us who you are or I'm going to get mad and nobody wants to see that now do they Stiles? Either way I'll get an answer out of you" He looked at Stiles, waiting for conformation of the plan they had agreed on earlier that day. Neither of them wanted to put that plan into action but they needed answers. And soon.

A mysterious girl shows up pretending she is suffering from amnesia and suddenly Beacon Hills is being terrorised by some unknown creature. Derek had seen enough in his time to know a coincidence when he seen one. This could not be a coincidence. There was usually no such thing as coincidence if the supernatural world was involved.

The girl looked at Stiles for help before sighing. "Okay so I may have remembered a few things since the accident. I remember that my name is Jess and that I was an orphan. I was raised by nuns in a monastery in Ireland but that's it. That's all I remember, I swear its the truth. How did you know that I was lying?" Jess pleaded. Stiles glanced at Derek, waiting to see if she was telling the truth.

"Okay I believe you and let's just say I have a talent for knowing if people are lying" Derek smirked. Stiles was relieved. It wasn't much but it was enough for them to postpone their risky plan for a little longer.

"Liar" Jess accused, staring at him.

"Prove it sweetie" Derek laughed as he walked away.

"Where is he going?" Jess asked Stiles.

"Probably to find Scott. We have some eh.. issues to deal with. Well that's if you could call them issues" he answered, tempted to tell her the full truth but he knew he couldn't. Regardless of what she had just told him, he still did not know enough about her to involve her in their supernatural world.

"You're still here? Go home Stiles" Melissa scolded him when she came to check on Jess.

"Yeah Stiles. Go home. I'll be fine on my own for awhile" Jess agreed.

"You sure Jess? I don't mind staying" he looked at the girl, barely older than a child and wondered how he could leave her.

"Yes. Go have a shower. You're starting to stink really bad" Jess laughed, "besides I think I could use some peace"

An hour later Stiles was on his way to the scene of the latest supernatural crime. Lydia had found another body in the woods. Scott, Derek and the rest of the pack were already there. He was really beginning to hate the whole psychotic murderer side to every supernatural creature that they had ever encountered. For once he wished a cool myth or legend could be real without trying to kill anything that breathes.