Chapter 9 // circumambient

''Robert? Is she okay?'', I heard my dad ask as he sat down right next to me, warmth immadietly comforting me.

Robert started shaking even more, making me sad. I knew exactly that she wasn't okay, and I know that the baby wasn't okay - it was my fault.

''She..she lost it'', he mumbled, sobs coming through the words, making it seem like the only thing hearable in the room was his sobs. But I heard other sounds in this room. I heard babies crying, I heard mothers laughing, dads-to-be walking through the room, waiting for the final message.

It made me cry even more as I realized that the whole thing that Robert was going through right now was my fault, it was my fault that he even said that he'll divorce.

Having strength, somewhat, to get up from the two chairs, I scooted closer to Robert hugging him, immadietly getting a response.

His shoulders were shaking and pulling me with him, so that we both just cried like two babies.

''It'll be okay'', I whispered, patting him on his back, earning a small flinch from him. He pulled away, his sobs seeming to have stopped, eyes still wet, biting his lip.

''We shouldn't have done that. It was a mistake. I still love Susan.'', He whispered, trying not to get my Parents attention.

That's where my World broke in half. A Mistake? It sounded different in the hotel room. Not knowing how to react, I turned around and went to another chair, pulling my knees to my chest.

a Mistake.

Just thinking about the things we've done a couple of hours ago and now getting called a mistake was just horrible and frustrating. I gave him everything I could give a man, and now I realized that the mistake wasn't me but my fault giving him that.

I should've know that he still loves Susan, even with that weird Story that he loved me since he saw me. He's a liar, and just like all other men.

____

Hours passed by, Hours full of silence and sorrow.

Robert was calm by now, looking at me every now and then, making turn away and bit my lip. I would never forgive him. never.

Just as my parents and me wanted to go, a nurse came around and looked at us with sorrow, probably asking herself why exactly she chose a job like this.

''Mr. Downey? and..uh, family? friends?'', Yeah. friends. of course.

My Parents and Robert nodded in unision, nervously making their way back.

''Mrs. Downey is alright now,'', her spanish accent seeming to be thick, looking at us with her brows furrowed, searching for words ''can visit her now. You want if.'', ­­­­­

I smiled at her lovely attempt to actually trying to find words, earning a smile back from her.

We all went through the blank corridors of the hospital, scary silence filling it.

Robert opened the door, literally running to Susan, taking her hand and kneeling down.­­

Yeah, this was this weeks Oprah with the topic 'Men are fucking liars and only think with their banana',

I sat down on the white furniture, not wanting to know how Susan was. I was still thinking of the baby, which was dead now. Only because of me.

I'm only 17 and already killed someone, what is wrong with me? I'd never think that I'd be in a situation like this nor feel like this.

All I needed right now was Stacys help.

''Susan, my baby doll'', my eye flinched at his name for her, making my head turn away and fill with regret. Of course I was special to him. more like a special fuck.

Susan sat up and looked at me with her brows furrowed, immadietly smirking.

What the hell? She just lost a baby, what the hell is she smirking?

Robert turned to me, back to Susan and then raising one brow. Oh come on, you all fucking suck right now.

___

We spent two hours talking with that crazy bitch only to realize that she was full of shit and that would prove right now.

Robert and my parents made their way outside because Susan wanted to talk to me alone, apologizing and shit.

Oh hell, of course she wouldn't and even the President of france knew that.

I sat down next to her bed, not looking her in the eyes because I feared that she would kill me with her lazers.

''Had a nice night, huh?'', my head immadietly snapped to her side as she laughed.

I shook my head, crossing my arms. ''What's the truth, Susan?'', I asked her, awaiting the most dumbest answer but that didn't happen, instead she just whispered ''you'll see now'', pushing me from the bed with her leg and starting to scream as if I'd stab her.

I tried shushing her by putting my hand on her mouth and just as she wanted to stop, Robert came into the room, his mouth slightly gaped, brows raised to the ceiling and looking at me as if I'd kill her now.

''Robert! Please help! She's crazy! She said that I lied about the baby!'', she sat up in her bed which made Robert run to her, helping her to lay back. ''Don't worry baby, she won't hurt you.'', I furrowed my brows, stepping away from the bed.

Robert tugged on the hem of my shirt, pulling me to the next wall, pushing me against it. I flinched as his fist hit the wall, right next to my face.

''You'll never hurt my family like this, you get me? Stay away'', tears escaped my eyes as I looked him in the eyes, which seemed to be darker and didn't even look like his own anymore.

Did Susan put something in his drink or why was he acting like this towards me?

''I didn't do anyth-'', I turned away as he slapped my cheek, leaving a stinging sensation on it. I held my cheek and backed away as much as I could which in response earned Roberts sorrow look, as if he would regret doing it.

No, you don't regret it.

You did absoluletly fine.

I'll never let in you in my life again, thanks for showing.