Chapter 6

After my dad went out of the room, I got up to take a look in the mirror. thought to myself, Horrible that a pregnant woman could do such things.

Her baby probably felt her hatred, why did she even go that far?Slippig back between my bed covers for a nice, warm sleep, I heard shouting next to my room, which of course turned out to be Roberts and Susans.

Turning around in my bed to get a better sound, I put my head against the wall, hearing nothing but Susan shouting.

''What was the point of this? getting her into the bed to squeeze your dick out because i'm not attractive enough?'', rwow, typical pregnant woman. I mean I understood her somehow because having a baby bump is a hard time, but on the other side I hated her. She was perfect, how could she say such dumb things.'

'Susan, her dad told me she had a mark on her eye. Tell me the truth.'', Robert demanded. Hearing his voice made my head spin again.

''Who cares? You know what, go and fuck her, come on! Go! And tell me how tight she was, you fucking pedo-'', just as I wanted to turn around, rolling my eyes, I heard a slam, realizing that it was Roberts fist who slammed against the wall my head was leaning on.

''Enough! I want a divorce! That's enough!'', hearing those words made my heart jump again.

Divorce? Why would he want a divorce? Just because Susan was seeing ghosts or was it because he fell...?

No, that couldn't be.

As I closed my eyes, I realized I needed someone to talk to, but I couldn't reach Stacy because it was too expensive.

Opening the door of my room, trying not to get caught by someone, I slipped into my mother and dad's room, seing my mom packing out some things of her suitcase. I plopped down on her bed and sighed quietly.

''What's the matter, dear?'', My mom said, her voice sounding more concerned than ever.

''Susan and Robert are having an argument and it's getting loud...'', My mom smiled at me, sitting down right next to me.

I sighed quietly, and threw my head back.

''Marriage has it's ups and downs.'', deep, deep, deep in my head I was groaning. groaning so loud that it'd probably sound like a bus

. ''Yeah, but they're...they're argueing over me.'', whispering the last part I layed down on the bed, earning a confused stare from my mother.

''Why should they?'',looking at the wall, I realized that I shouldn't hide the secret from my mom, knowing that she would understand. ''I.....Robert and me...we...'',

''Yeah, you're getting on pretty well.'',

she said, with a slight laugh in her voice.

''No, we kissed.'',

and suddenly everything went quiet, you couldn't even hear Susans shouting voice anymore.

My mom turned around to the door, coughing. She looked back at me again and had the most concerned look on her face I ever saw.

''Mary, I want you to be happy. But that doesn't mean you can ruin other things that are meant to be. I know you're having a hard time with puberty and all that, but making up things isn't going to help you. I know, that deep inside you, you're in love with Robert, but trust me, that's not for too long. Just concentrate on-'',

hearing the words that I made it up made my heart burn. My own mother didn't believe me? That was enough, so I stormed off, not knowing where I actually headed to