Rocker & Rookie

Fuyumi slowly slipped in the break room as quiet as possible to not disturb the sleeping rocker at the couch. She hid behind the curtains and careful on not making a small noise. Peeking from the curtains a bit, she looked at Ranmaru, who was fast asleep on the couch. Fuyumi remembered what Reiji said about Ranmaru on where he was during his free time in the afternoon.

"RanRan goes for his daily naps in the break room at 3:30 pm during his free time~ If you wanna see him, go there but don't disturb him. He's very cranky when someone disturbs his nap!"

A cranky Kurosaki Ranmaru? Fuyumi shivered at that simple thought. "It was bad enough to see him really annoyed a while ago... But seeing him cranky? I don't know if I can handle that..." She thought as a bead of sweat rolled down her cheek. The composer continued observing the rocker who kept on sleeping as light snores emitted from him.

"Kurosaki-senpai sleeps a lot..."

Fuyumi started getting bored on waiting for him to wake up. "Maybe I'll come by later..."

Standing up, she started to come out of the curtains.

"Meow~"

"Huh?" Fuyumi looked at the source of the sound and her eyes landed on a small kitten sitting on the window frame. It was tapping the window while meow-ing to get some attention from a certain someone. She blinked and went to go to the said closed window to see what the kitten really wanted. A grunt stopped her tracks as she looked at the couch and saw Ranmaru stirring up. She quickly went back inside her hiding spot as she covered her mouth.

Ranmaru woke up and sat up as he looked over to the closed window and saw the kitten still tapping its paw on the glass. The rocker stood up and made his way to the window. Fuyumi sweated and kept on thinking on what will Ranmaru do to the vulnerable kitten outside the window. She was horrified on what will he really do to it.

Instead, Ranmaru opened the window and let the kitten inside that landed safely on the floor. The kitten purred and rubbed itself on his ankle. Ranmaru let out a small soft smile that was definitely a rare sight. Fuyumi stared in awe at his soft side. "So he does have a soft side..."

The silver head crouched down and rummaged in his pocket. He pulled out small fishes and fed it to the kitten. It purred in delight as it began eating it from his hand. Fuyumi smiled at the sight as she continued watching from the distance at how the rocker wasn't such a scary person after all.

The kitten purred on his hand as Ranmaru stroke its back. "Kiddo, I know you're there." He said as he looked at the curtain. Fuyumi flinched and lost her balance then got herself tangled in the curtain as she fell down face flat on the floor.

"Tch! Not only you're a midget, you're also a clumsy girl!" Ranmaru snarled at her as the kitten climbed his arm and happily set itself on his shoulder and let out a small meow. Fuyumi adjusted her glasses and stood up as she looked down in embarrassment.

"I've been picked on by that..." She muttered to herself but Ranmaru heard it and clicked his tongue once again as he gave her a cold glare.

"Well, it's your problem on getting picked on in the first place." Ranmaru stated as he picked up the kitten from his shoulder and prompted it in his arms. "Why and what are you doing here?" He asked as he stared at her, completely annoyed.

"U-Uhm... I was passing by and saw Kurosaki-senpai sleeping and decided to watch...?" Fuyumi stammered but instantly slapped herself mentally for answering so honestly. She was so done.

"So, you're stalking me?" He said with a straight face that clearly read he was not amused by this info.

"N-No, I wasn't...!"

"That's what they all say..." He said as he put the kitten down on the window frame. Ranmaru looked at her straightly in the eye. "I said this before and I'll say it again. You're just a midget rookie whose hand writing is like an elementary student... Self-taught will make our careers worse... You'll be the next good-for-nothing composer of the year. It'll be impossible for you to compose a song for us. So get out before I do it on my own or before you even get hurt yourself." He pointed at the door with his index finger.

"Why won't you just give up being a composer?"

Fuyumi's twitched as she glared at him which kind of surprised Ranmaru a bit. Looks like he hit the tip of the iceberg.

"No."

"What?"

"I said, No, Kurosaki-senpai!" Fuyumi said as she stomped her foot. "I don't care what you say or what the others say! I won't give up on being a composer and I will compose a song for you guys!"

Ranmaru stared at her, completely dumbfounded. He never saw someone yelling back at him, even a composer. Fuyumi didn't want to continue any further so she just walked out, completely walking away from the break room as Ranmaru was left and still stunned by the declaration.

Unknown to them, someone was hiding behind the shadows and listened to the whole thing. He kept a straight face as he decided to walk away from his position.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

After a while, Fuyumi managed to calm down a bit as she pulled out her notepad and started writing down.

"Kurosaki Ranmaru - A really mean rocker but nonetheless has a soft side for cats."

She stared at what she wrote and thought for a moment.

"Wait... didn't he said "before you get yourself hurt" a while ago...?" She asked herself as she looked at the notepad. After a few moments, it hit her. "Oh, I get it..."

She started writing on her notepad again.

"... A tsundere."

"Guess he really does have a soft side..." She stated as she closed her notepad as she began walking to her next observation.

From behind, Ai watched her as she started walking in the hallways yet again. He pondered on why was she was so persistent on composing for them. Placing a hand over his chest, he looked down with a troubled face. Why was he watching her even though he said along with the other members, except Reiji, that she wasn't really needed? Wasn't he suppose to not care on what's going to happen?

"Is this what Reiji said about..." He paused for a moment before continuing himself. "... a feeling you found the right composer?"

He looked at the way she was walking and saw she was already gone. He felt a sense of needing to watch her even more to see if she doesn't really mess up. He was confused on what he was feeling right now.

"Am I.. worried about her?"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ranmaru's part done! Did you like it so far? Especially that cute scene?

Oh, and a shoutout to my friend Yuki-tan_16 for today's chapter~ *winks*

Well, that's all I've got for Ranmaru! Sorry if it was short...

Until then, everyone! I'll see you on the next chapter!

Next up, Ai's part~